Landline in Airbnb

Postra0
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Landline in Airbnb

Hello, do you know if a landline is required for Airbnbs in Ft Lauderdale? This question came up on  vacation rental registration. 

8 Replies 8
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

'This question came up on vacation rental registration.'

With Airbnb? If so, in today's world?How odd.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Postra0  I do not know if a landline is required in Ft. Lauderdale.  However, it was required in NC when I first began renting.  Since most landlines have been disconnected by the local company, I now have a phone in each of my rentals by using the bundle from the cable company.  This is not the ideal situation as the purpose of a landline was to be able to call 911 in the event of an emergency at the property location even when there was a power outage, having the phone through the cable service (VOIP) is the only solution that I have been able to find and successfully put into place.

Valerie1436
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi There, have you found your answer? What did you end up doing? I have seen that a landline is mandatory in the City of Fort Lauderdale requirements before their inspection...Honestly having a landline is a pain...it is supposed to be for security...we have only 1 accomodation we are planning on using for Airbnb 😞 

Rose422
Level 9
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hello @Postra0 , I have been hosting in Fort Lauderdale for about 2 years and haven't heard about this requirements. I barely know anyone using landline in their homes these days. 

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your answer. I agree about the "barely know anyone using landline in their homes these days." :))

do you have a license from the city of Fort Lauderdale? There is a 'vacation rental inspection checklist' associated to it.

Daisy288
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm trying to figure this out too, it seems like a weird requirement in this day and age

Hello, did anyone figure this out? I got the same response from the Fort Lauderdale City Office. if so, please let me know, I'm in the process as well of getting the application approved. 

1. Vacation rental application is missing the landline telephone number. Please note a landline phone with the ability to call 911 is required. The landline listed is the same as the responsible party phone number. PLEASE RESPOND WITH THE CORRECT PHONE NUMBERS.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alberto3 , thanks for sharing your experience as well in the topic. I'll tag Hosts @Daisy288 and @Postra0 if they have managed to find a solution to this question! 

I also wanted to share a Community Center tip 💡 If you'd like to tag members in your comments for them to get a notification of your message or question, simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines