Los Angeles Home Certificate - Paid 3x and City Keeps Denying

Noah253
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles Home Certificate - Paid 3x and City Keeps Denying

To the glamours city of Los Angeles! I have been an Airbnb Super Host for years. I have amazing stats and for the first time, the city of Los Angeles has debited my account 3x as I tried to extended my home sharing certificate. No matter how many times I re-submit the same information as I always do, they take the funds then deny. The wonderful part is they reply 1x a month because they are "so busy." I am not loosing 4 months of income. Has anyone experienced this or what is going on?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Glad to hear your 'super hot' @Noah253 😁😁

try the LA host group where you're more likely to find hosts with experience of your issue with your local government 

Lol, little typo there!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Noah253welcome to our Community. I've just corrected the typo in your post 😊. I've come across some threads where Hosts from Los Angeles have shared different experiences about this topic, and I thought to share them with you. Feel free to modify the keywords in the search bar for more results: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=Los%20Angeles&no...

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Danielle513
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Noah253  

Did you ever get this sorted out?   I'm having the exact same issue, it's been 2 months without rental income and I'm getting nowhere with the city of la planning.  I even drove to their offices on N. Figueroa yesterday and went into the offices to try and speak to a human.  Naturally that was a waste of time, because no one in that department would meet with me.  I was able to leave a note and beg them to help me.

The City of LA makes a ton of money off of us, we deserve much better.

Keep me posted on your situation.

Hi @Danielle513 ,

I paid for the 4th time and still waiting. Each time they deduct the funds as I sit and wait. Another month goes as we are now in February of 2024. This started in July of 2023. I still don't have a reply or update.