Missing Payouts

Answered!
Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Missing Payouts

I have not received a payout in over a month. I am owed a lot of money and will not tell me why I am not receiving my payouts. 

I call and message repeatedly and they tell me the same thing "the appropriate department has been notified and they will contact you" 

It has been over a month with no payment nor any contact from said "department"

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

1 Best Answer

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205

@Neil566 

Airbnb hasn't released the payment due to me for 6 weeks already despite that I have not one , not two, but THREE VERIFIED PAYOUT METHODS.

Customer Service is ignoring me completely for the last three days.

Hosts should know that Airbnb is not a reliable company and should explore other venues to offer their homes for rent.

Same here. Mine is the 4th week but no payouts of our 9 completed bookings. They admit is a glitch in their system which they're trying to fix. I'm not sure how long it is going to take.  Our patience are running thin. 

Marie1009
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I agree totally. They’re so unreliable!

Marie1009
Level 2

Yes, me. No payouts for seven weeks.

Marie1009
Level 2

Yes, I haven’t been paid for 7 weeks. I ring daily and get told the same old blurb, that my case is being escalated. I’ve been asking to speak to a supervisor and they say someone will ring me and no one does. What a shambles. This is fraud. I’m thinking of going to the police!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Marie1009 It is a civil case so the police will not be interested. If @Sybe or colleagues cannot get this moving then your best bet is to raise a small claims court case.

I am going to contact the financial ombudsman and a lawyer

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 thanks for the tag, I can definitely try sending this over to the team and hopefully that will speed up. @Marie1009 they'll be in touch with you and if I get an update in the meantime I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Marie1009 I don't think. the financial ombudsman covers Airbnb but do let me know if they do. I really wouldn't waste your money on a lawyer. The small claims court process is easy and online and the low cost gets added to a successful claim.

Thanks but they have finally paid me. Result!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marie1009 Thanks for letting us know, that's great to hear!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie @Andrew2468 @Sybe @Marie1009 

- - A total of 14 tickets opened in 7 weeks (12 tickets ,are closed now 2 still open but only providing promises. None yielding results so far besides rosy promises).

- - A total of 70 hours wasted with Airbnb support messaging and phone calls and writing on CC during 8 weeks of frustration.

This is the wonderful world of the Airbnb Community where all people are equal but some much less equal than others.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Emilie @Andrew2468 @Sybe @Mike-And-Jane0 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Marie1009 

Congratulations Marie for getting paid after such a long wait!

@Abraham168 @Kate867 

It is unbelievable but it is unfortunately true - Airbnb doesn't pay hosts for weeks and even months and there is next to nothing a host can do about it.

It is exactly two months today (60 days) since guests checked in and stayed for 28 nights in my Villa and still I didn't receive a cent despite dozens of apologies from Airbnb and also reassurances that I am (supposedly) in 'good hands' and that 'very soon' the thousands of dollars owed to me will be sent to my verified default payout method.

I am also suspended (my calendar is blocked by Airbnb) for the entire year ahead.

I assume this measure of suspension is adequate punishment because I failed to be an obedient slave to my Airbnb Corporate Masters and dared to voice my frustration at being stuck in a foreign country without the ability to return home and have access to my personal funds because of unkept promises from Airbnb 'support' that are still ongoing.

I suppose at this stage Airbnb has no incentive to release the money it admits it owes me so my ordeal will continue for at least another two months.

Marie1009
Level 2

I’m so sorry to hear you still haven’t been paid. I was finally paid last week much to my relief.

You should contact the financial ombudsman in your country and hopefully they will sort it out for you.

I agree the customer service was very poor and I wasted hours talking to them with no results.

I hope you get your money sorted soon.