Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

No reply from Resolution team, disappeared ambassadors

Nguyen137
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

No reply from Resolution team, disappeared ambassadors

I desperately need assistance with this issue wherein the Airbnb Resolution Center has been completely disappeared and the Support is no help either?  

I've had a guest damage my place and submitted a case for reimbursement on the 10th. On 11th, an ambassador reached out through emails stating they’re working on my case and required me to upload documents no latter than 16th. I submitted all asked documents (pictures, invoices, technician reports, etc) and replied back asking if they need any additional ones and since my place just got a huge renovated before the accidents, is there any document I can submit to avoid unfair depreciation rate. I received no reply, due to experience with Resolution Team before, I try to be understanding and patiently wait for the Ambassador’s respond. Though I had a bad feeling with this ambassador-Boahan, since he carelessly made mistake and typo twice in his first (and so far last) email to me. By the deadline, the 15th-16th, I had a panic attack and afraid that they can claim a lack of document then deny my request. I directly replied several emails to the ambassador, sent multiple additional ones to the resolution email address begging for a reply/update; I got nothing. I contacted the support team for help and report this disappear behavior of the resolution team, they promised to give my case to different ambassadors who will reply to my emails urgently since it’s close to my deadline. Yet nothing. I made several calls and request since then, but they kept opening a damage report request in the in-app messaging and told me they will forward my urgent report to the specialized team who handle then closed the ticket after that. I refused to trust their empty words and demanded another contact method of the resolution team that was denied bluntly. All they did was to force me repeating my frustration every single time and gave empty guarantee of 48hour reply from the resolution. No surprise, 48 hours had passed and I received nothing. Now they even ignore my chat request, I don’t know what to do now, just to get a reply.

My property is a luxury villa, that’s in the most elite and expensive closed community. I just renovated it vastly which costs a large sum of money. The guest violated several rules and damaged it badly. It costs lot of money to repair, in addition to the unfortunate typhoon catastrophe happened in my country right after the accident and during the repair time, I suffer bigger financial loss. The services team needs payment since their families were also suffering too due to the typhoon, so I have to borrow and advance them. I was so stupid believe Airbnb Resolution Team, just because I once had a good experience with them, I should never list such an upscale property on this poor support platform.

They’re putting me through tremendous emotional abuse. Thanks to their unethical unresponsive act, I’m now crying in anxiety and would rather stop my life with misery.

1 Reply 1
Andrew3609
Level 1
North Adams, MA

@Nguyen137 Unfortunately you're not the only one! I had a guest irreparably damage the bathroom vanity in my unit. He said it was broken (it wasn't) and then explained how he dealt with it (which is what caused the damage in the first place!). He refused to pay and then the Aircover representative said that it was "wear and tear." They're obviously just trying to get out of paying for their repairs. I'm contacting the attorney general in my state to have them look into the matter. Best of luck! Move to VRBO!