Off season bookings/ longer rentals

Off season bookings/ longer rentals

Hi ! I have a condominium by the beach that does well during the peak summer seasons. I’ve been hosting for two years now and my rates are very reasonable because I wanted to build my reviews and work on optimizing the overall experience for my guests as well as myself. 
I haven’t had much luck in the off season . Any suggestions or tips? 

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Terri426 😊,

Thank you for posting this in the community center!

Have you found this information elsewhere?

I want to mention another host who may know how to help you:

@Karen3592@Kimberly893@Marie8425@Karlis3 and @Steve3639

Feel free to check out this conversation about 👉 Low Season strategy. 

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Terri426 

A possible idea

Another host with a beach property had two listings for her property.  Active for either peak season or off peak,  She mention peak season she priced as you for full capacity but off peak season she priced 2, 4 or 6 guests so two was the basic and then price adjustments after that so she wasn't limited to only the larger groups during off peak.

I would suggest also you change your focus for off peak.  When I was in Hawaii, we would have to help people see that there is a lot to enjoy if it is raining your week and that sort of ruins the beach ideas.  Focus your pictures your ad description maybe on bike trails since there are bikes, sights in town besides the beach or in Hawaii they had horse back riding on the beach.  Tourist spots have off peak fun but you have to help build that imagination for guests.