Profile/account

Profile/account

Hello all,

On my profile a message came up asking for tax info...

When I proceed it asks me my Tax ID number.  I don't have one.

I pay tax every year as its law, but I don't have a number...

What should I do as it doesn't let me continue without a tax number.. And I have asked airbnb and they are clueless!!

Many thanks

Charlotte 

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Charlotte1429 

Your host profile doesn't show a country, but I Googled "North Newbald" and it seems to be in England, correct? I hope some hosts who know UK taxes can help, I think in most countries you would have a tax number if you paid taxes.

Hi thanks for this. And yes Uk is correct.  
You have a number if you’re VAT registered but not all businesses are and I’m not so no number.   Hopefully hosts from the UK can help.  

thanks anyways ☺️

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Charlotte1429 

On your personal profile they're looking for your income tax number, not the VAT number. Airbnb shares income tax information with the tax authorities in some countries where agreed. You should be able to see your income tax number on your tax filing website profile.

Thanks Shelley.
yes I know they want the tax number not VAT. I wrote that to show different businesses have different numbers..

The business is a partnership so we don’t have one tax number.  So I won’t see it on the tax website. It’s all individual but that won’t work in the profile as it only wants one number.  Thanks.