Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Quick Tips: How Do You Boost Your Hosting Business?

Answered!
Alberto1991
Level 4
Padua, Italy

Quick Tips: How Do You Boost Your Hosting Business?

Hey hosts! 👋

I’d love to hear your thoughts on these:

1. What’s the best hosting lesson you’ve learned?
  2. How do you attract more bookings?
  3. Any tricks for handling last-minute guests?
  4. What’s one thing in your property that guests love?

Let’s share some tips and help each other out! 🙌

Top Answer

1. Best Hosting Lesson: Clear communication is key. Setting expectations early prevents misunderstandings and ensures a smooth stay, leading to better reviews.

2. Attracting More Bookings: Listing optimization, including SEO, can make your property stand out. Using relevant keywords in your title and description helps attract more views. Additionally, researching competitors and seeing what's working in your region—like pricing and amenities—can help you stay competitive and appeal to the right audience.

3. Last-Minute Guests: Self-check-in with a smart lock or lockbox is essential for accommodating last-minute bookings smoothly.

4. Guests’ Favorite Thing: Personalized guidebooks with local recommendations often become a standout feature that guests appreciate and mention in reviews.

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

1. Best Hosting Lesson: Clear communication is key. Setting expectations early prevents misunderstandings and ensures a smooth stay, leading to better reviews.

2. Attracting More Bookings: Listing optimization, including SEO, can make your property stand out. Using relevant keywords in your title and description helps attract more views. Additionally, researching competitors and seeing what's working in your region—like pricing and amenities—can help you stay competitive and appeal to the right audience.

3. Last-Minute Guests: Self-check-in with a smart lock or lockbox is essential for accommodating last-minute bookings smoothly.

4. Guests’ Favorite Thing: Personalized guidebooks with local recommendations often become a standout feature that guests appreciate and mention in reviews.

Hi @Hugo989 ,

I wanted to sincerely thank you for your excellent response. It was incredibly helpful and very interesting, it gave me valuable insights!

I wish you all the best, and I hope to reach out to you again in the future.

Best regards!

Alberto

Great topic! One of the best lessons I’ve learned is to always communicate clearly and promptly with guests—it makes a big difference in reviews. To attract more bookings, I focus on high-quality photos and detailed descriptions. For last-minute guests, having a flexible check-in process (like keyless entry) helps a lot. One thing guests love about my property is the welcome basket with local snacks—it’s a small touch, but it makes them feel special!