Refund Policy

Refund Policy

I had a guest for two months there was some maintenance noise ( that accumulated to about two weeks ) and I offered to get her the 30% back On the days of construction (678.00)  refused it and wanted a full refund for two weeks ( 2780.00 ) as she stayed there for free.  airbnb policy is 30% of the two weeks) 

I denied her request and told her to re-request for 30% after reviews fir 30%
She never did re-request  her money on Airbnb. Airbnb automatically gave her 30% back. I did not want to do that if she left me a bad review in regards to the maintenance noise!  I tried working it out with her 😞

I went to the management and ask them when the construction started and when it ended they said according to their logs it was about two weeks on and off construction. Again originally willing to give her 30% off for the two weeks but I wanted her to re-request it after the review. So I denied it! 

airbnb gave her money out if my account ! 

not happy ! 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan5113 Or, to put it another way, you attempted to extort a good review from the guest in return for granting a refund of some amount. This is somewhat against the rules and hence may be why Airbnb took the action it did.

The only reason I did that was because I was offering her 30% back and I was so afraid of a bad review.

I did everything I could and went to my management. I guess It’s a no-win win situation in the long run learned my lesson. 

just let the guest take as much money from the host as they want so that they don’t leave a bad review. 

What would you have done? Given her free two weeks for on and off maintenance or offered her the 30% that Airbnb policy says?

I’m not sure what other house would have done and would love to learn from this experience