Refund

Krystal161
Level 1
Grimsby, Canada

Refund

Over the long weekend, I had a guest that was supposed to be here for one whole month.

Very long story short called the cops were involved the very first night he was here. He got drunk then verbally abusive. The guest did end up Canceling the reservation and asked for a refund. Even though I have a strict no refund policy,  I proved 75% back. 

received the full payment from Airbnb. Even after going through technical support. The guest should be getting a $1300 refund and me $400.

I got the full 1800. 

My Question. Will Airbnb take back the $1300 or will they just deduct my other listing until they get the 1300 back?  I’m asking because I can sure use the $1300 for my bills. 

it really sucks, I was absolutely relying on the 1800 for the month. 😞

Thanks for any advice 

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Krystal161 

Yes on your next reservation they  will take back the overpayment.  Just timing, Airbnb had authorized the payment to you and then received your refund approval

Hi Krystal,

In situations like this, Airbnb usually handles refunds by deducting the overpayment from your future payouts. If they've already credited you the full amount, they might adjust it by deducting the $1300 refund either from upcoming bookings or in a lump sum if there’s enough balance in future payouts.

Since you’ve already worked with Airbnb support, I recommend keeping an eye on your upcoming payouts to see how they process the adjustment. They typically avoid pulling money directly from your bank account unless you have no upcoming earnings. It’s best to check with Airbnb directly again if you're unsure about how they'll handle it, but you should be prepared for the $1300 to be deducted gradually.

You may also check this article for reference:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/366

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management