Request for ID for Verification Purposes

Mike952
Level 2
Biñan, Philippines

Request for ID for Verification Purposes

I had a person listed as a co-host for my home that I list on AirBnB over a year ago.  The person is no longer associated with my home and will be difficult to reach and will probably not send me a copy of his ID via email.  I am overseas and do not see how I can resolve this.  When the previous manager left I added a new manager.  After a period of time they requested his ID but in the time it took me to contact him and have it sent to me, they canceled a three month booking.  Now a year later, I am asked for the ID of someone who has not worked for me in over a year.  I am working overseas and this is an impossible situation with no warning.  

How common is it for AirBnB to suddenly request ID information for past co-hosts who no longer are associated with the property? This is incredibly disruptive and inconsiderate.  I don't see how I can contact this person year later and request an ID be sent to me overseas.  I wouldn't email my ID.

Mike

8 Replies 8
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Mike952 

I may be missing something here but why not just remove the co-host that no longer works with you?  

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1632?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1676359056_ZWQwMThiM2JkYzZi

Joëlle

Hi Joelle43: This is the response from AirBnB:

"We need the ID of ............. for the verification purpose.

We agree that J............    is not connected with your account, However, we still need an ID of J......... for verification purposes so that your reservations will not be cancelled."

He has been removed from the listing for over a year. I have searched my profile and I cannot find any place where he is still named.  I have had a new manager for some time. I wouldn't even know where to find J.........  and I can't see why he would send me copy of his ID.  I work overseas, so he would be sending me important information via email. It doesn't make sense.

M Baldwin

Hello @Mike952 

Totally baffled as to why you would need to provide ID for a previous co-host😮  Can they give you the reason at least?  

From previous conversations on the Community Centre, it seems that Customer Service can be a case of "hit and miss" - sometimes you get lucky and you have someone who knows what they're talking about and sometimes not.  I fear you're in the "not" category with this request.  So ask them for more clarification and ask to speak to a supervisor or just ask the question again and you will hopefully get someone else!

All the best,

Joëlle

Joelle4e: I agree totally.  I have asked several questions and continue to follow up.  One of the last messages said that I should delete J..... as a cohost and they posted a link that did not work. In previous emails they acknowledged that he wasn't a cohost anymore.  I keep thinking there must be some place where he is still listed but I cannot locate it.

I am confused but I continue to ask.  My concern is that they are going to cancel my reservations and the guest I have been renting to and have rented to for the next two months will be told his reservation is canceled.  I was hoping by posting this message in this forum, I would get the attention of someone who knew what was going on.  I noted that in some cases there is an AirBnB rep here who sometimes responds to content.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mike952 ,

How are you doing?

We wished to clarify that myself, @Jenny and @Quincy are Community Managers for this Airbnb Community Center and that our Community forum is not a formal branch of Customer Service. 

The main goal of our Community Center is to encourage and facilitate constructive communication among Hosts. While also ensuring, the Host query is escalated to relevant channels when needed. 

Although we won't specifically know what is going on, as we do not have access to said information, I have made sure to raise your concern to the related team, if they can assist you with some clarity!

I hope someone gets in touch with you soon!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Mike952 It sounds like the one out of touch with the property is you ,sorry to say . The role of host is yours and co host is supplementary and all ID should be yours not the co hosts. A property manager is an entirely different matter. Sorry that running a business and letting out your home on Airbnb is so darn pesky but a little attention paid to your own affairs would be my answer ,not a complaint about ,how difficult it is.By the way Airbnb would not ask for co host id ,maybe updates because all ID should be the hosts. If your current co host is indeed the host then you are in a pickle because you have given over control of your property ,as they do not acknowledge two hosts at once. As the owner they may be challenging your other partner, or letting agent, for information. Speak to this other person who is supposedly running the property as they ,if they are functioning property managers ,will also have been investigated . I suspect they have been operating using the previous persons ID and now Airbnb want to know who the owner is as they also operate other STRS. Make a full calls , break a nail.... H

Helen: My  ID's are the ones on file. Your accusations are strange and unfounded.  The person was listed as a cohost but was deleted as is done when that changes.  I posted on this forum because I was getting no where with AirBnB.  They were threatening to cancel my bookings for someone who never had this authority.  I don't understand your role here. Is it to heckle people with legitimate concerns?

As is they pulled the request and apologized...but not until I posted my concern here.

MB

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Mike952 ,

Thank you for coming back and updating us that it worked out in your favour. Happy to know all is well now!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines