San Francisco's Tourism Improvment District

Sara10
Level 1
SF, CA

San Francisco's Tourism Improvment District

Have any other hosts in san Francisco received the ballot and information packet regarding the TID renewal? It's a percentage of reported Airbnb income that goes to a fund to support SF tourism. I'm trying to figure out whether this is a new fee or a continuation of the tax paid by guests like they charge hotel guests.

It looks like a new fee charged to hosts because of their expansion of the geography of where visitors stay in san Francisco.

Let me know any insights!

Sara

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sara10 ! As this is a global Community Center, it can sometimes be a challenge to reach other local Hosts.

I'd recommend checking if there's a local Host Club near you and starting this discussion there as well. You can find the Host Clubs here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Amy0
Level 2
SF, CA

Hi Sarah - I have received the ballot too and am wondering the same thing. Please let me know if you’ve found other resources. 

Hi Amy, I’ve contacted Airbnb and sent a copy of the info that was sent to all short-term rental hosts. But, it’s been 4 days and I haven’t heard back. Today I received the notice of the public hearing on 9/13 with the Board of Supervisors. I’m thinking I will attend - just to hear more about it. After reading through the materials I’m probably going to vote NO. 
if I hear anything from Airbnb, I’ll post it. 
Sara 

Hi Sara, Amy, 

I received it too and was going to try to contact Airbnb about it. I am glad you did. I wonder where we need to send it to Airbnb to get their attention? It sounds to me like SF supervisors are trying to expand and create more hurdles and costs for hosts but I am not sure what all this is about and if we can prevent it. I am probably going to attend the meeting but might stop at the office before then. NO more FEES and hurdles! Evelyn