Seasonal Rental (3-4 months)

Answered!
Gayle148
Level 3
Sound Beach, NY

Seasonal Rental (3-4 months)

Looking to rent long term (3-4months) in my beach community home. In the past I have done weekly and weekend bookings and for the most part everything went fine. I’d like to try just getting one rental for 3 to 4 months instead. What are Airbnb policies in the year 2024 regarding this type of rental? I’ve read some comments in this community guideline, stating not to do it, but they are older threads and wondering if Airbnb will cover the cost of the entire rental should they be cancellations halfway through? Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gayle148 for long term rentals Airbnb only collects funds every month and there is no way that they will pay you if the guest does not. After the first month, in many states, the guest becomes a tenant. If they then don't pay not only do you have no money but you also have a tenant to evict at great expense through the courts with no contract.

I would use Airbnb for short term rentals and a realtor for longer term. Realtors are probably cheaper than Airbnb for LTR and do proper credit checks and contracts.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gayle148 for long term rentals Airbnb only collects funds every month and there is no way that they will pay you if the guest does not. After the first month, in many states, the guest becomes a tenant. If they then don't pay not only do you have no money but you also have a tenant to evict at great expense through the courts with no contract.

I would use Airbnb for short term rentals and a realtor for longer term. Realtors are probably cheaper than Airbnb for LTR and do proper credit checks and contracts.

Thanks so much for the speedy reply! Seems the general consensus is what you wrote. I will get a realtor instead. I thought ARBNB might have changed their policy on this but I see they didn’t and I don’t need those kind of problems! Thanks again

Best,

Gayle