Short term rental insurance for 100+ year old house Ontario

Short term rental insurance for 100+ year old house Ontario

I am looking for some help finding an insurance company in Ontario, Canada, as I am having trouble securing insurance for a property I am going to purchase. My insurance broker has had no luck, so I thought I would reach out to see if anyone has a suggestion. The house is over 100 years old, we will be living in it, will be considered a commercial property and are running 3 suites as short term rentals. If anyone has a similar property in  Ontario I would love to know which insurance company you are with! Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Woah @Nicole3528 ! 100+ year old house! 🏡  It surely sounds intriguing. 

I'm eager to hear tips from fellow Hosts and am also inviting experienced Hosts from the region to share their trusted recommendations for short-term rental insurance : @Deep268 @Brian2953 @Victor3744 @Gary287 @Michael2548 @Quoc-Dung0 .

It would also be a good idea to post in Local Host Clubs , where it would be relatively easier to gather more information about suitable insurance services.

Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Nicole3528 @Bhumika 

Just curious, were you trying to put the house under personal insurance?

Since it's a commercial property, you would have to look for a commercial insurance broker. Brokers have a network of insurance companies they work with, and would be able to tailor your needs to particular insurance providers. BrokerLink Insurance is good place to start. Otherwise you can google commercial insurance brokers in Ontario and go from there. Please keep us informed if you are able to finally secure one.

All the best @Nicole3528  

Hi Victor,

Yes I am in contact with a couple different brokers, including commercial. Hopefully next week I will have some quotes and be able to give an update. Thanks for your help!

Nicole