Taxation in Greece

Stamatis13
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Taxation in Greece

When declaring each month the earnings from Airbnb, different accountants tell me different things...

Below is an example.  Should I declare 65+15? One accountant thinks that I should declare also 13.55 (guest service fee).

What is the general consensus here?

Guest paid
€ 65.00 x 1 night
Short-stay cleaning fee   € 15.00
Guest service fee  € 13.55
Total (EUR)    € 93.55

Host payout
1-night room fee € 65.00
Short-stay cleaning fee € 15.00
Host service fee (3.0% + VAT) -€ 2.88
Total (EUR) € 77.12

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Stamatis13 It sort of doesn't matter to anyone except the tax man. Whichever way you do it there will be greater or lesser tax deductions (the service fees) so that the net taxable income will be the same. The only time it really makes a difference is if you are close to the tax threshold in your country.

That's not quite correct in Greece, as they charge 15% (up to 12k) for all airbnb rent (and you cannot make any deductions for expenses, this is only for the end of year income tax which is another tax!). So obviously it makes a big difference if guest service charge is included in the total or not. Hopefully some people who have submitted to AADE (the Greek tax authority) will get back. Thanks

Stamatis13
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Just checking if there are any hosts operating in Greece that are more up to date on this?