Tragedy at Airbnb Rental - ...

Cherie71
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Tragedy at Airbnb Rental - ...

and I've had to argue with Airbnb when extra people have come into one of my properties to get them out. I've often wondered why a Host has to 'argue' their case when this happens.  Especially when in the news, three instances in these last few days, where a party has taken place with serious consequences.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-people-injured-pittsburgh-shooting-incident-police/story?id=84131...

1 Reply 1
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Cherie71 yes I have had to "argue" many times. In fact, I have never had a CS rep immediately take action even when it was 100% clear what was happening because the guest confessed in writing on the app. My average time to get an ABB issue resolved is about 3 hours and multiple phone calls. 

ABB needs to institute a "no questions asked" party cancellation policy. People advertise spaces on social media as great places to party (despite the "no parties" policy a host may have.) If I can find those listings so can ABB. They need to request properties listed on 3rd party influencer sites be taken down and get serious about party prevention. No host should have to jump through hoops for hours to prove a party is in process in their space. I have seen posts on the hosting forum of pics of the aftermath and camera footage where ABB still says "well we aren't sure it was a party...." when any rational human can see it absolutely was. 

They aren't serious about the whole party thing. They want hosts to police their own space and kick out guests under the threat of penalty. I have even seen HOSTS say in the forum "oh I allow parties as long as they are quiet..." Uh no. No. Parties. needs to be a serious thing. The squishy position on this is one of the reasons I am selling my place and leaving ABB.