Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) - San Francisco

Answered!

Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) - San Francisco

Hello all, I am a new host in San Francisco - hence the query re TOT collection, payment, and reporting in San Francisco.  The city wants me to complete these steps on a monthly basis, but Airbnb Support tells me that they do this annually.  Maybe support is mistaken?? In any case, if you have experience here,  how often does Airbnb report occupancy, pay TOT to the city of San Francisco?  Do you need to fill out quarterly occupancy report or does Airbnb do that as well?  I have read through a bunch of stuff, but am still confused what I need to do vs what Airbnb does. In the meantime, the city has been sending me letter saying I am delinquent on my reporting and fill be penalizing me.  

Any info would be much appreciated! 

1 Best Answer
Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

there must be a department for reporting TOT etc in SF. Ask them if ABB pays the taxes. Here in Sonoma Co  ABB pays the fees but I still have to file quarterly and show fees ABB paid

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

there must be a department for reporting TOT etc in SF. Ask them if ABB pays the taxes. Here in Sonoma Co  ABB pays the fees but I still have to file quarterly and show fees ABB paid

Hi there! I came here looking for guidance on how to view the quarterly earnings statement in Airbnb. I have viewed this twice before and downloaded it for quarterly reporting, but now I can't find this info for the life of me. Maybe Airbnb changed the dashboard? Any guidance you can provide on how to view and download the quarterly report from Airbnb is appreciated.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Johanna759, I hope you're well 😊
as this thread hasn't been active for a while I just wanted to drop in to share some articles I found in the Resource Centre below 👇🏽

- New dashboard gives you a clear view of your earnings
- Find my earnings
- Accessing earnings data
- Where do I find my Airbnb earnings for tax purposes?

Additionally, you can always contact Customer Services through the Help Centre for further support here

I hope you find these useful 🤞🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Aakash19 I suspect even though Airbnb pay yearly you may have to report monthly or quarterly.