US Dollar Payout in Mexico

US Dollar Payout in Mexico

Hi fellow hosts,

I am fairly new to Airbnb. I have a condominium in Rosarito Mexico. It's close to the border and my vendors ask that I pay them in dollars. I started Airbnb with a Mexican Bank Account and they send me my payouts and I receive them in Mexican Pesos. I then have to go withdraw the Pesos and convert them into US Dollars to pay my vendors in Mexico. It a pain to have to drive out there to do that.

I opened a bank account that only receives dollars and I can withdraw dollars but for some reason Airbnb says that the bank declines the deposites. I spoke to the bank and they say they don't see any issues on their end.

I have set up the settings for the payout to be in dollars and spoken to the Airbnb Customer Service team but they have not been able to help.

I can't believe that I would be the only host experiencing this issue so I thought I would ask the community. Has anybody had any experience with this? How did you resolve it? What bank did you use? Thank you so much!

1 Reply 1
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Abdiel14 

Welcome to the Community 

I've tagged a few hosts that might be able to help:

@Karen3152 @Mehdi307 @R110 @Patrick2862 @Rich4169 

While we wait for their input, you might find this post about  payout methods on a property in Mexico helpful.

We do also have a Spanish Community that may be able to help support you.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen