What are some successful ways you've promoted your Airbnb listing?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

What are some successful ways you've promoted your Airbnb listing?

240282954_Plus_SaoPaulo_Henri_32047993-0082.jpg

Hello Hosts 👋

Lately, I've noticed a popular question popping up in the Community Center: "How can I market my Airbnb?". It's great to see that a lot of you are seeking advice on marketing your Airbnb listing as marketing plays a crucial role in attracting potential guests and maximising your bookings. With the rise of rental properties and increased competition, it's essential to have a strong marketing strategy to stand out from the crowd and capture the attention of your target audience... aka potential guests. 

With that in mind, I'm wondering what successful strategies have you implemented when promoting your Airbnb listings? 

Share your current marketing strategy, thoughts and creative ideas in the comments below. 👇

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

5 Replies 5
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

There was a great thread that was started way back in 2015 where @Mfonabasi0@Patricia2526@Nuno-Y-Daniel0@Julie10, @Ali413, @Lucy362, @Rachel477, @Jane29, @Deb0 and @Clare0 all shared some wonderful marketing tips and strategies.

I wondered if anything has changed over the years and you do something different now, especially with the advancement of sites and technology? It would be great to hear from you to catch up but also see how you're getting on! 🤗

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dear Rebecca,

Thanks for the invitation.

I contacted the Airbnb members with experience, they gave me all the ideas to succeed; the best idea I got from them was to use smart pricing. I posted all the pictures of what we have in the house. 

Thanks

Olivier 

Meron413
Level 2
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Dear Rebecca,

Thanks for your invite. 
I am always talking to my ‘Airbnb member’ friends, here in Addis Ababa. They have a long time experience so I take so many experience they have. 
I do check the smart pricing every time. 
I guess I give detailed information about the place I have and communicate well. 
And I have a lot to learn more in the future from experienced hosts. 

Thanks

MeroN  

Luxury164
Level 2
Saint Ann's Bay, Jamaica

Hi Rebecca. The only way to have a successful airbnb is to be CONSISTENT. Present your properties on every platform you can think of. Whether it be on other booking platforms or social media platforms. Put your property out there and do it consistently. Don't give up. Also build rapport with the people who have rented your property. They will push your business for you.

Melanie597
Level 2
Unionville, IN

Dear Rebecca,

I'm excited to read other reccomendations for promoting as well, as I feel this is my weak area!

Currently I inconsistently post on social media and share to local groups.  Honestly, I've never received a booking directly from a social media posting in 6 years! So I feel it's a waste of my time paying & playing. With that said, prior guests do follow social pages so maybe good to offer specials? 

My current advertising for the cabin -

Listed on 2 local online visitor publications. 

Google business listing.

Paid google advertising.

Business cards on-site for guests to take, and for me to pas out when making a connection.

Listed on multiple booking platforms.

Utilize professional photos.

Website for the property.

Here are a few things that I believe make a difference in advertising algorithms.

Upkeep & amenities-

I offer as many amenities as possible, continually make upgrades, replace worn items, and take great care of the property.  

Respond to every review, guest inquiry or message promptly.

Review listing & pricing at least bi-weekly making changes.

I hope thus helps other hosts succeed,

Happy Hosting,

Melanie