Whether pricing includes everything such as electricity, break fast etc.

Ramalingam2
Level 2
Chennai, India

Whether pricing includes everything such as electricity, break fast etc.

Hi, Ramalingam Murugan,  Hosted my villa property in Chennai.  I am new to the community and not very clear about the pricing.  I listed my property and received enquiry for one month at a discount of 49 per cent.  I have given the pre approval but yet to confirm.  The price quoted was excluding electricity since electricity charges in India is on high side and if the tenant uses the air conditioner for 24 hours, it will exceed the cost quoted by me.  Hence I need to collect the electricity on actual basis for units consumed.   Water also scarce commodity and many societies buy water which is expense although my villa is having sufficient water.  What about GST is application  (similar to VAT) and income earned is subject to income tax?  How much Airbnb will deduct for its services?  Why Airbnb displays the price, it is not indicating price excludes maintenance expenses, VAT or GST etc. If someone can clarify to enable me to reprice it accordingly.

Further when I pre approve, I am unable to view the KYC of the tenant and when I will able to see and confirm.  Whether AIRBNB also does due diligence of the clients before booking? 

Ramalingam Murugan
2 Replies 2
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Ramalingam2 

Airbnb pricing help, links as below,

https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/1486/pricing

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/125/how-is-the-price-determined-for-my-reservation

"The price determined for my reservation" hope it helps you.

Happy Hosting

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ramalingam2 I can't see anything in your listing that says guests must pay for extras like electricity. Iam afraid that you need to set your price to include all these costs - Just imagine you, as the guest, turning up at a property and suddenly discovering that there are extra costs to be paid!