extra guest fee

extra guest fee

Hi there!

I have my listing set for 4 guests and any extra guests are 100 dollars more a night. How do I go about charging the guests that extra 100 dollars a night. The site only lets them book for 4 guests and not five.

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Margaret982 

The extra guests are the people joining the person making the reservation, total party can (offcourse)  not be more persons then set as the maximum amount of guests in the listing.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1507/how-do-i-add-a-fee-for-additional-guests-to-my-listing

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Margaret982  If they inquire first and you establish that their party will be larger than 4, you first need to go into your settings and change the maximum number of guests, then tell them to book with the correct number.  The extra guest fee will kick in at that point.

Keiron1
Level 2
Lower Belford, Australia

@Emiel1 

I have the same problem and have seen the official method

"To add an additional guest fee to your listing:

1. Go to Your listings and select a listing
  2. Click Pricing
  3. Next to Extra charges, click Edit
  4. Under Extra guests, enter the extra guest fee amount and when you'd like the fee to be applied"

However there is no Extra Charges or Extra Guest heading or field visible on the web page. Any help appreciated

Emiel1
Level 10

@Keiron1 

I use the website (not the app) and just checked it.

The only difference with the Help page is: the option to choose is called "Standard fees and charges" (instead of "Extra charges").

As you can see on the screenshot i have the exra guests fee field available,  i entered Euro 20,- in the field.

Emiel1_0-1607948207483.png

Keiron1
Level 2
Lower Belford, Australia

@Emiel1 

Thank you, but I don't see that screen at all I am using the website airbnb.com.au  and I have not been able to find anything for extras or cleaning fees

this is what I get! then two more screens

Keiron1_0-1607949391108.jpeg

then two more screens

Something special for your first guests

and

Length-of-stay discounts

My listing is not published yet if that makes any difference.

Thank you

@Keiron1 A lot of functionality appears when you publish your listing. You can publish and then snooze immediately and many things will miraculously appear.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Thank you, and yes a veritable treasure chest of other options appears !

Emiel1
Level 10

@Keiron1 

You are still in intial setup of the listing (with basic questions to make an easy start)

If finished you will probably have access to all the options.

Keiron1
Level 2
Lower Belford, Australia

@Emiel1. Yes since listing, I can now see the other options. Thank you