how does the FACTURIFY work

Nancy22
Level 4
Quintana Roo, Mexico

how does the FACTURIFY work

Does anyone know how to get set up with Facturify, for the Mexican withholding tax CFDI??

27 Replies 27

I'm in the same situation.  Airbnb sent a log-in screen to obtain the factura of income, but never sent a password or responded to requests to reset password.  Not sure what to do now. 

Josh1307
Level 1
KCMO, MO

I am in the same boat.  Has anyone figured it out?

Hello Josh - 

Apperently, In 2020 airbnb sent us an email. In this email you can create your account with this company. However, I am just being informed that the invoices provided in the Facturify website are NOT the offical Facturas that are accepted by the Mexican government.  Go figure this out!

Hope this helps!

Tug0
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I am very much dissapointed with the support from AIRBNB.  It is necesary for us to get factura so that we can file our Mexico taxes in a timely manner. Mexico requires every other month filing not once a year in the US.

Has anyone figured out where we are able to get the factura on AIRBNB?

Alexandra784
Level 2
Fairfield, IA

Customer Service has no information about how to obtain invoices for Mexican tax witholding.  Where could I get information?

Antoinette98
Level 2
Vashon, WA

I believe that I signed up with Facturify in 2021...though Airbnb didn't begin sending payout/taxes paid data until early 2022. One comment above notes that the Factuify invoices do not comply with Mexico tax reporting authorities---this is accurate. I've hired a Mexico accountant {reside in USA} who creates monthly "Declaracion" statements that comply with SAT [Mexico tax authority] regulations. Hope this is helpful! And it does seem true --that Host Support is not equipped to answer this vital tax processing question.

Melissa982
Level 1
Azusa, CA

Agree with every comment. I’ve been forward to many many AirBnB support staff that do not understand the issue. I also have my facturify account and haven’t been able to get that certificate and invoices I need from that website and is so confusing to use.

i also have a Mexican accountant to help. But we need someone with the knowledge to help us navigate this specific issue with our invoices.

Erika867
Level 1
Wimberley, TX

Following this thread because I, too, am in the same situation. Airbnb, please respond to us so that we can keep our faith in you as a company. Thanks. 

Karen3152
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

I got logged into Facturify and downloaded my first withholding certificate from May 2022 and sent it to my accountant to file my first taxes due on June 17.  (I found it under RETENCIONES, Recibidas).  Here is what my accountant said:

"The statement you have obtained from airnbnb does not come from the Mexican division of airbnb, please ask them for a statement form the airbnb mexican division because this comes from their ireland source and is not recorded in the SAT server, therefore, those withholdings would not be valid to credit in your taxes calculation.

Basically, these retentions are not posted at SAT as far as we have confirmed,  please write to airbnb  and tell them you need this report from the Mexican source of airnbnb.

Please let us know after you get an answer from them."

I have a support ticket going with AirBnb right now.  The way it stands, it seems to me, is that I will be forced to pay taxes twice because Facturify is not submitting this to SAT?  What the heck?  I will keep you posted.

AirBnb Fees for IVA (or "VAT") are being collected and they are supposed to pay that to the Mexican government directly according to their website.  They are collecting that 16% fee under "guest fees" when I do a fake reservation.  I wanted to make sure they were doing it and I was satisfied that they were.  If they don't pay what they collected to the Mexican government by not properly reporting it to SAT, then I have to pay it out of my share and they get to keep the extra money they collected.  I am very suspicious of what is going on here. VERY SUSPICIOUS.

My Mexican tax accountant figured this out. He spoke with both AirBnb support and SAT. He has other clients who show two documents in Facturify.  One document under International, and the other document under the regular section which he likes to call Domestic, although there is no section labeled Domestic.  For those clients who have the same withholding certificate under both sections, that data is automatically transmitted to SAT. This is what your Mexican accountants are used to.  

However, my withholding certificate was only under the International section.  Therefore, my withholding certificate is not automatically transmitted to SAT. I am guessing this happens because I have the money sent to a US bank in USD, which is totally legal.  However, this means that my Mexican accountant needs to download the .pdf’s from the International section and manually enter it into my account with SAT to receive credit for the withholding.

If you don’t have a Mexican tax ID, I don’t think you will be able to log into Facturify.  

Hope this helps at least some of you. The problem is the complexity involved here.  It is huge. 

Thanks for all your VERY HELPFUL messages.  Sometimes I can see all my facturas and download them, sometimes I cannot.  It seems they appeared once when I pressed the multiple horizontal lines in the top menu bar.  I can search Todas/Todas under internacional and not see them, but I DO see them sometimes and last month I downloaded them.     Can you tell me exactly what you click to get them?  Thank you!

Please let us know your accountant's info we need help with this.

Hi there Karen, 

You know I just don't know what to say. I have been filing with these documents now since November of 2020, and my accountant seems happy with the documents. I don't pay any extra, though even with lots of expenses, I doubt I will ever see a "refund".  The CDFI (Facturas) that I receive have the AIRBNB  RFC tax number and the UUID. I attached it here- seems that they disclose all taxes withheld through this document/ process. 

Karen, I find it absolutely mind-blowingly confusing, so much so that I am trying to sell;  it's so stressful, I am overwhelmed too at times. I am going to show my accountant what your accountant said. The issue may be the language, my accountants only speak Spanish. This will be interesting. 

Issuer's RFC: AIU120412G29
Issuer's company name: AIRBNB IRELAND UNLIMITED COMPANY
CFDI UUID: CCB524EA-850D-4D0B-B3C7-36C283E86E6E

Ciao

N