local regulations for Independence, MO

local regulations for Independence, MO

Hello, Air B&B Community ~ I am reaching out to anyone that operates an Air B&B in or around the greater Kansas City area. I want to begin hosting starting with my property in Independence, MO, (just outside of Kansas City, MO), and want to connect with anyone that has already found the regulation info and processes to do so legally. Thanks so much for your time.

3 Replies 3

Hi Tony! Did you find anything out? We have an Airbnb down in Destin Florida and we have some long-term rentals up here in Independence we’re considering converting to STR.

Hey there, David and Linda ~ To answer your question -> No. I haven't found any definite clear info regarding Independence regulations regarding STR's. I put a hold on my search b/c I had a family member staying with me for about 3 months through the holidays and I am now very interested in getting back into the STR zone. I am quite taken aback that your message is the first & only response I've received since I posted last November... I was hoping through the AirBnB community that I could cut some corners on the time-consuming headache of sifting through and acquiring a solid source of clarifying STR regulations in Indepence. Please keep me posted on your progress and I will endeavor to do the same. Thanks for reaching out & good luck to ya!

we own a property just outside Independence but with a KCMO address, it has a separate cottage we want to put on airbnb but KC planning says we can’t get a STR permit because it’s not our residence. It is the same address.