Airbnb stopped payments

Sergiy10
Level 1
Lviv, UA

Airbnb stopped payments

Dear all,

My name is Sergiy. I'm from Lviv, Ukraine. I work as a host with Airbnb from 2015 and have 15 apartments.

28 February 2020 is the last day when I received payment for my reservations from airbnb, although I have reservations and check-in every day. So already more than 10 days I've tryed to find out the reason why payments was stopped. I wrote more than 8 letters and made 4 calls but it didn't give any result. All letters were not answered, custumer support can't tell nothing concretely, but they require carry out all my future reservations, otherwise can apply a sanctions. Has anyone had a similar situation? What are the possible solutions? Thank you in advance for your help.

8 Replies 8
John1427
Level 2
London, GB

I am having the same issue they have not got back to  me. either I have sent over 8 messages it’s not looking good.

We have not received payouts for our last three bookings from March and April. I’ve sent 19 messages and phoned 8 times. The only answers I get is that they will investigate. Our guest stayed and paid in full and wrote good reviews for us but no payment from AirBNB and no answers. 

You're clearly getting nowhere trying to deal with Airbnb directly @Alf-And-Hester0, so you need to tell them you're taking your grievances to the financial regulator, the SA Tourist Board, and the media. (Very last thing Airbnb needs right now is bad publicity) That should light a fire under their arses. Best of luck! 

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Susan17  I haven't looked at this forum for about 2 weeks, and what is now evident, is that Airbnb may be close to trading while insolvent and calling in the administrators.  $6.5b in debt, $3b in cash assets, no physical assets to speak of that can be liquidated.  CX in a complete mess, guests not being refunded, hosts not being paid. Cash flow almost non-existent.  It does not look good, at all.  Rather suspect the founders are busy trying to sequester their own assets into off-shore shell companies.  Wont' be in the least surprised if the company is found to be in breach of it's licensing in coming weeks, and put into liquidation.

Juliann70
Level 1
Seven Springs, PA

I have not received either and cannot get anyone to call me back?

I usually receive my payments from Airbnb as setted up. Until a chat from Airbnb Support (Jul 8th 2021) show up on my app and ask for billing address of the payment account. I reply same day with the information. The day after, the chat respond saying everything is ok and payments will continue as usual. I wait some days for the pending payments but it didn't happen. Now I have more than 3x the trigger amount pending to be transferred and it only increase without Airbnb do any payment to me. I open a new case to help the situation but the person on charge of the new case determine that the case should be resolved on the original chat. On the original chat i didn't receive any response from july 9th 2021 (more than 22 days without any response). Please i need someone help me to understand what is happening and how to solve it. Its I total violation to the Airbnb payment policy.

They want a photo to verify my very identity, so they stopped payment - have they run out of money?

(1) David Nelson | Facebook

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anne-And-David0 No. I suspect they are just fulfilling their obligations with respect to anti money laundering.