Hosting payments

Hosting payments

Hi, I'm in UK and would like to know how other hosts feel about this scandalous time it takes for Airbnb payments to be received by us. Last year it was within 24hrs of check in but now Airbnb have changed their bank seemingly to one in Ireland it's taking much longer. I'm on my third two-night stay and haven't yet been paid for the first although I've received emails to say payment has been sent. What are they using? Carrier pigeons?? In this day and age there is no excuse for this (even with bank holidays etc) and it's appalling that Airbnb are holding onto our money...yes OUR money for so long. If someone from Airbnb reads this then please send my frustrations onto whoever. I for one am not going to be treated so ashamedly

22 Replies 22

@Glynne1  Stephanie no use at all for this. She passed my concerns to the account department but no one been in touch. Disgraceful for the money we make them. As for payments I do it through PayPal now. Back to normal times and instant. Bit of a faff to set up but glad I did!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You just need to use the @  Function. @Glynne1  And add her in her name to your post . 

Glynne1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you @Adrian2248 

I have identified a couple of comm managers and hopefully they can help. I've tried twitter and got immediate responses but nothing more than that. I am booked up for the summer but so fearful of no payments I'm thinking of cancelling booking. Sad to do it but I can't afford to give away free holidays. Airbnb are feeling somewhat corrupted at present. To be fair I have never had a problem before. @Nick @Stephanie @Lizzie

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Glynne1 I'm sorry to read about your payment. Could you please verify if you've spoken with Customer Support, or did you reach out only via Twitter? The reason I'm asking is because from our end  on the CC, we can forward any information you post here to the CS team, but if you haven't been in touch with them and there isn't an open case, they won't have where to add this new information and won't be much of a help.

I can also ask them again about you @Adrian2248  and see if there has been any movement.

Thank you

Glynne1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello @Nick 

I sent you a lengthy reply only for it being rejected. Error apparently. I could scream. Yes I have been in touch with CC endlessly get polite reply they are escalating, then nothing. I started calling last Weds, picked up again Saturday as still no payment yet system says I have been paid.  Last call 10 mins ago. CS said would send message to payment team Ticket **, can you help?

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Glynne1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Nick 

Strangely the community link in my profile has disappeared?

What is going on?

Glynne 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for confirming @Glynne1 I have now sent your information over to the team and will update you via DM when I know more.

Thank you

Glynne1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Nick 

I've had a reply, several actually. Afraid I was told a pack of lies. I was able to respond with evidence of the lie to John dedicated Support Ambassador. He immediately deleted the message trail. Fortunately I have copied all.  

Is Airbnb going bust?

What should I do? Do you work for Airbnb.?

Please advise 

Glynne

P.s. I don't know how to DM