I am new host looking for help

Biswajit2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am new host looking for help

Hello friends, I am new host looking to improve guest experience by introducing self service breakfast for those who wants to avail. Do we have any option to ask guests to contribute say a pound if they want to avail the breakfast. I don't want to just add a pound towards the rent as some of the guest may not want to take the breakfast. 

Also in the same line recently I realised some guests require a little different rent for e.g. students. Can I introduce a 10% student deduction on the rent. This can be validated by AIRBNB and give the discount on my behalf.

To me these two are very important flexibilities to make my place more attactive.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Biswajit2  Airbnb will not evaluate whether someone is a student or not and anyone can claim that they are.

Yes, you can charge extra for breakfast. Just mention that option in your listing information.

@Biswajit2 Airbnb doesn't offer searchable discounts for students, seniors, military, etc. You are free to set weekly or monthly discounts to incentivize longer bookings, but those rates apply to everyone regardless of their educational status.  Advertising a student discount is misleading, so I recommend deleting that from your listing. Anyway, your description says that your home is located in a senior citizens' community with strict quiet hours from 6 PM, so students may not be your best target market anyway.

You're free to charge for optional add-on extras such as breakfast, but unfortunately there's not a way to build them directly into the payment process. You can request money via https://airbnb.com/resolutions , but for an amount as small as £1 or £2, you could just as easily put an honor box next to the cereal. I found early on in hosting that breakfast is not something most Airbnb users are actively searching for - some people appreciate the convenience, especially if your area has nowhere to eat nearby, but it doesn't really add to a listing's appeal.

If you really want to make  your listing more attractive, remember that you only have a second or two to capture guests' attention when they're scrolling through search results. Your lead photo should be one that best captures the feeling of staying in your home - an exterior shot of the back of your house isn't necessary there. You could also choose a title which foregrounds the fact that you're offering a homestay experience, lest anyone mistake the rental for a whole bungalow. And then, put yourself in the position of the guest - what would you want to know about the host's personality and lifestyle if you were considering sharing a cozy bungalow with him?