Offering 2 Rooms

Richard2329
Level 2
Denver, CO

Offering 2 Rooms

I have two rooms that I now offer. If three or four people want to book the two rooms that is possible on my listing. However, if I have two people that want separate rooms I presently have to tell them to request 2 rooms for three people. I'm afraid this will cause problems for people who might not understand that the price is the same for three or two people in the two separate rooms. I already have bookings for two sets of three people and they booked with no problems. Is it possible for Airbnb to design a way for someone looking for two separate rooms for just two people and make it clear on my webpage that this is what they can apply for? Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Richard2329  You can't list 2 rooms you want to rent separately on one listing. You need to create a separate listing for each room, show only that room and common spaces in the photo gallery, max number of guests and beds for that room only. 

Then you can create a third listing which combines both rooms.

And as William said, you have to then link the calendars so you can't get double booked. If someone wants the 2 bedroom option, the 2 separate bedrooms would get blocked to bookings. Or if one or both rooms got rented separately, the 2 bedroom option would get blocked.

Richard2329
Level 2
Denver, CO

Thanks Sarah and William. I understand what you are saying. It makes good sense. Creating the two separate listings will be easy enough. However, I'll have to play around with the idea of combining the two in a third listing. I have no idea how to do that I must admit, but obviously it can be done and I'll figure it out. Thanks again!

@Richard2329  On the third listing, you would list it as 2 private rooms, 4 guests max, picturing both bedrooms in the photo gallery, with appropriate price for 4 guests. 

I can't advise on how to link the calendars, as I only have one listing, but you should be able to figure that out by searching on the main Airbnb site Help section. If it's confusing, just start another post here asking about that, and I'm sure some other hosts can explain.

Thanks Sarah!