Property not Available on search results

Property not Available on search results

I own a cabin in hocking hills, ohio.  We are less than 15 minutes from the state park but my cabin no longer shows up in the search.  Before february our property would show up when people searched the destination of Hocking Hills State park (which is the only way that people search.  The dont search by individual towns).  Since February we have had 0 requests to stay.  AirBNB says its because there are too many homes and its maxed out at 98 properties.  I see all the other markets max out at 300.  Something is not right and other cabin owners in the area have been saying the same thing and have been getting no response from AirBNB.  Any suggestions? 

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christina1306 

The good news is: your listing is in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=424346853&map_toggle=true

The bad news is:

When i search on "South Bloomingville" (without dates selected) , it comes up with 23 listings. Your listing is not in that row. The reason is: location is just outside the map.

When i move the map slightly  (so more southwards becomes visible) , your listing appears as nr 1  (out of 19 listings).

When searching on "hocking hills state park" it shows 99 listings.

Same problem: your listing is not in that list because your location is outside the map (so nothing to do with "maxed out").

Moved the map towards your location and then you are on the fist page !

The problem is that No one searches “South Bloomingville”.   There are lots of tiny towns around the state park.  Everyone goes down to the area for Hocking Hills State Park.  Once our listing no longer showed up under Hocking Hills State Park we have had no inquiries or bookings. How do I get it to show up under Hocking Hills state park?   

Emiel1
Level 10

@Christina1306 

I just added info to my first reply regarding "hocking hills state park"

No one searches with the map.  They type in a destination and look at the list. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Christina1306 

The map is shown by default when using the website to search

Try:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Hocking-Hills-State-Park--Logan--OH--United-States/homes

It shows 99 listings.

Then ZOOM OUT 2 levels on the map, it shows 300+ listings (and you are on the first page !)

Is that how you search for a property if you looking to stay there?  I highly doubt thats how you search.    

Enri1804
Level 10
North Topsail Beach, NC

@Christina1306 My listing has a similar problem. People search here “Topsail Island” and frequently I see the listings are few because the map has auto zoomed to a smaller area on the island. I guess AirBnB and I just hope guests know to zoom out. If I ever figure out a solution I’ll let you know, but is seems like backend issue. Best of luck. 

Now my listing doesnt even show up in the city its located in!!!!  There are 22 others that show up but not mine.  Does anyone else have a good contact on how to get this resolved.  Customer support gets me no where.  When I ask for a manager they have hung up on me multiple times.   Its gotten to the point where I have 20 VRBO bookings to 0 AirBnb when it used to be a 50/50 split.