Reservations Appear to Have Dried Up

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Reservations Appear to Have Dried Up

Hi

I’m new to the hosting platform since March; however, I had been getting regular inquiries and bookings. Now since the new roll out, I’m not even getting inquiries. I’ve even tried reducing my guest rate and I also have a special going on for Memorial Day weekend. Nothing, nada—not even a bite. And I live 6 miles north of touristy Solomons Island in MD. 

I’m sad. It’s so unfair. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this is just an aberration and things will get back to normal—like yesterday!

Gwen

5 Replies 5
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Gwen386 

Most of us (host) all live the same bad situation.

you can read more on this thread

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-2022-Summer-Release-What-you-need-to-know/...

and please repost your comment there to regroup all of those situations together.

good luck 

Annie

I'm in the same situation.  I had one apt. go online in Oct 2021 and the second one May 2022 and have had a lot of inquiries and bookings through mid August.  Now I've had no inquiries or even views according to 'insights' for the past 10 days.  That doesn't seem possible given the holiday weekend coming an lots of activities in our region going on as well as National Parks/Memorials that are high traffic sites.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Seems a lot of people are in the same boat, Maybe the bottom has fell out of the STR business......?

Have you tired listing on other platforms? maybe worth a try.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Joan2523 When I first wrote this article, reservations had slowed. However, I did end up getting a Memorial Day weekend reservation and been going steady ever since. Presently, I have a 2-month rental that ends Sept 18 and I’m kind of looking for a break. 

So hang in there, it’ll happen. And it looks as if you’re doing pretty good. 

Thanks for the reply and encouragement.  It's a little unnerving going into heating season.  I just don't get how it goes from such high inquire rates to zero.  We even have a level 1 trauma teaching hospital 20 minutes away and I've had several guest working/learning there.  It just doesn't make sense.