cancellation policy

Michelle1209
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

cancellation policy

Hello,

How do I set up 2 different cancellation policies? Right now its a full refund 1 day in advance of the stay. By the end of the year I want it to be strict. I have had to change my booking dates to stop people from booking because I do not want them to be able to book now and cancel 1 day ahead in December or next February.

Thanks,

Michelle

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I do not know of a way to have two different cancellation policies and the way I get around it is to narrow my booking window to 6 months out.  In my situation, there are a few music festival and tennis tournaments that people book way in advance.  Previous to covid, when these events were scheduled, I would change my cancellation to strict until those dates were booked, then switch back to moderate for others.  Not ideal, but that is my work around.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Michelle1209 There is no facility for what you want to do. You can take Linda's suggestion, or set up a duplicate listing with a strict cancellation policy and only open the dates you want people to book under strict. Link the calendars for both listings, and turn off instant book if you use it, to avoid potential for double booking snafus. The new listing would not show your previous reviews on it, but prospective guests can still see your reviews on your profile. 

Michelle1209
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Ok, sounds complicated! I just changed my dates to 3 months ahead. Then when things open up in a month or so I'll switch to 6 months and a more strict cancellation policy. I think this is something Airbnb should provide now that its an important item for hosts considering covid and any outbreaks occurring in our areas.