superhost guidance request

Sergio1378
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

superhost guidance request

3 questions:

1)
We are about to start our airbnb rental soon. Is access to a superhost for advice offered for free? If not, how much is it? I was hoping to have a superhost look at our pictures and ad and guidebook and offer us tips.

2)
We have a short 1-2 minute video of our home that I know will help us attract renters. How can we have the clients get access to look at it? Can we upload a short video to our profile? If not, can we refer the clients to another site where they can see the video to help them decide to rent our home?

3)
Also, I want to tell the clients about local activities in the area near our home that are available to them. How can I let the clients know? Can we provide weblinks? Can we provide pictures of the activities? If so, must these pictures be taken ourselves?

Thank you. My number is ** Sergio

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sergio1378   A superhost is a host just like yourself -- they are not an employee of AirBnB, and I have yet to hear of a superhost who is offering their "services" for a fee.  There are a lot of realtors and management companies that will certainly do that.   If you want a superhost to critique your listing, all you have to do is make a request on the "New to Hosting" category on this forum.  Include a picture -- we superhosts love to help, but we can't help until you have published your listing!

AirBnB does not allow for the uploading of videos, and neither will they allow you to post links on the advertising pages for your property.  If you have a catchy name for your property and a personal website or facebook page with the same catchy name, you can perhaps get some potential guests to go there to see more pictures and your video.  I have had guests find me on Air but then contact me from my own website as they were smart enough to google my property name.

Once you have a guest who has booked, you can communicate with them from your own email address and forward links and area information from that address.  AirBnB redacts links, phone numbers and other "off-site" information from communications.  They say that they don't do that once the guest is booked, but I have had it happen.

By the way, don't put your phone number on posts in a public forum.