Airbnb's New Fee Structure for Professional Hosts 15 %

Noemi20
Level 5
Trapani, Italy

Airbnb's New Fee Structure for Professional Hosts 15 %

Recently Airbnb has changed her policy. They are starting to charge the host the service fee. So basically Airbnb is doing the exactly same thing that other OTAS like booking or expedia are doing.  I disagree with this policy for the simple reason that they DO NOT offer in their platform the same flexibility and tools that other platform offer for professional host. The are not at that level. For example in booking you can do many rates according to occupancy. You can also change the minimum stay according to the occupancy.  So for example you can rent the apartment for 1 day with maximum occupancy of 4 or you can set a minimum stay of 3 night for just 1-2 people. There are really a lots of tools that those platform offers and I think that Airbnb it is not there yet.

Airbnb is my favorite since it really cares about host but i have the feeling that now will be exactly as the others.

17 Replies 17
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Mike-And-Jane0 

And I thought taxes were bad here! 

I'm not in the 80k range and not subject to that, and I suspect you're not in the 80k's, so it's kind of a moot point for most. 

But I'm sure some in the UK are in that range, particularly those offering a number of listed properties, but I'd expect them to be a registered limited company or something. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elaine701 They may be listed companies but they also need to register for VAT once their revenues reach 85K. As you surmised it doesn't affect us but some will be caught. Taxes in the UK, whilst high, are remarkably easy to deal with especially as HMRC are willing to talk to you over the phone to make sure you don't pay anymore (or less) tax than is needed.

David8446
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

I am an airbnb photographer and they have been “backlogged” on payments, they haven’t payed me for photo shoots I have completed since NOVEMBER of last year. $500. They are a **bleep** joke. There is only two people. ONLY 2!!! Running the entire photography program. I have been trying to contact them since November of last year and NEVER hear anything except “your issue has been promoted to priority” and “someone will contact you from the photo team”.

Going on 3 months and no one has contacted me.

I’m blasting this in every thread I see about payments.

ANYONE ELSE WHO’S NOT GETTING PAID FROM AIRBNB WHEN YOU SHOULD BE, WE NEED TO ALL GET TOGETHER AND BRING SOM LEGAL TROUBLE THEIR WAY!012194C9-B4EF-41E3-8E5C-44592CEACFEC.png