Allowing group of friends having both boys and girls

Allowing group of friends having both boys and girls

hey, I'm new to hosting I got request from a person saying 5 of them are coming to stay among 5 ,4 are male and one is female!! They are from different place, can I allow them to stay !! Kindly help me 

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sowmyashree0  If there are laws against mixed-gender groups where you live, then you have to abide by the local law. If it's simply that it's not considered to be morally okay, that doesn't mean you can't accept the booking.

@Sarah977 Thanks a lot, one more doubt I have both ff and sf, can I ask girls to book sf? Will it be good?

First floor and second floor I mean 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Sowmyashree0 Airbnb rules say that you're not allowed to discriminate regarding gender, unless you're in a home sharing type of hosing arrangement where you share spaces with your guests: then you can say that you only host guests of the same gender as you. However, that needs to be clearly laid out in your rules. Unless there is a local law that states that unmarried people of opposite genders cannot share an accommodation, there shouldn't be any reason for refusing their stay. 

However... if you're uneasy about it, I'd say you need to make your own decision on it. If the guest made an instant booking, you can cancel up to three guests per year if you feel uncomfortable with the reservation and you won't be penalized. Maybe start by asking the guest some questions about their reason for visiting and what they'll be doing in the area: that might put your mind at ease.

@Alexandra316  Thanks a lot.. is that ok If I give my first floor to male and 2nd floor to female?

@Sowmyashree0 I don't see how you could do that. The guests have the right to use the space as they see fit. If you're really not comfortable, I would just decline. 

The only time you can say an accommodation is only available to one gender is if you share the space. So if you're trying to rent one apartment to only men and one to only women, that wouldn't be allowed. I think that's what you're proposing when you say one floor for only men and one for only women: correct me if I'm wrong.