Hosting for minimum 7 nights.

Manuel3698
Level 2
Milton, WI

Hosting for minimum 7 nights.

1) Some US cities are restricting owners to rent from 7 to 29 nights only. I know of two counties in my State. I am not used to this since i have rented on a nightly basis up to now. I can only list the unit as available 7 nights or more. Whether a guest wants to stay for the entire 7 is optional. If the guest only wants 3 nights I would need to leave the unit empty for the remaining 4 nights. I would charge only 3 nights. How can i rent the unit for less than 7 nights (say 3 is the average) but list the unit for 7 nights or more?

2) Is an Airb representative familiar with these new city restrictions, available to chat by phone?

3 Replies 3

Did you learn anything about how to do this?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ryan-and-Amber1 

There is no solution for this. A guest looking for 3 nights on Airbnb will never be presented a listing having a min. stay for 7 nights set.

Or maybe use 1 fixed check-in day in a week and set listing to  3 nights minimum.

Then the next reservation will always start at least 7 nights after the previous one started.

Or block remaining nights manually on the calender after each reservation.

Manuel3698
Level 2
Milton, WI

No i have no answer. I decided not buy in counties with the 7 nite minimum restriction.