Refund taken out of payout twice. AirBnb rep says it is a technical glitch but still no refund after a month

Carmel36
Level 2
Stateline, NV

Refund taken out of payout twice. AirBnb rep says it is a technical glitch but still no refund after a month

I partially refunded a guest due to a cancellation that rebooked some of the dates. The refund to the guest was taken out of my payout twice. I called support and they admitted it was a glitch. This has been almost a month and still no payout. I keep getting the runaround with support saying that they have written up the case but still nothing. Any ideas on how to get the refund?

6 Replies 6
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Carmel36 I am so tired of these "technical glitches"! I am still waiting for a refund of the host fee overcharge due to of course yet another technical glitch. I do not know of any other company that regularly has technical glitches that result income in their favor that is subsequently not refunded back for weeks on end. Try social media, it often helps in getting attention.

I have just come up with conspiracy theory about this. All health insurance companies have a built in model of automatically declining a certain percentage of claims from physicians for services regardless of whether the physician did everything correctly. They hope that some will not notice, some will not refile before deadline and if they get to keep some percentage on the millions in claims, it adds up to a pretty amount. Plus there is interest the longer they keep the money for themselves. Perhaps Airbnb operates on the same model- a built in number of "technical glitches" that result in non payments, underpayments and so in hopes that some of us will never catch it, some of us can be dodged and we will go away eventually and some will be paid later rather than sooner but interest will be collected on the money in the mean time

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Carmel36 

I'm very sorry to see you are experiencing this. I sent the details you provided to the team and will come back to you via DM when they update me. Hoping for a quick resolution on this.

Thank you

@Nick why did you decide that the poster's issue deserves attention but mine does not? I am glad at least one of us is getting it of course. I have even made a separate post about this actually last week. I have been ripped off 12% off each reservation due to "technical glitch" and any new help discussion I start gets bundled with the original one and that CS representative said she would be off "for a while" in her one and only message she ever sent me 9 days ago.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Inna22 sorry I missed your reply earlier but I did sent you a DM regarding this. Please have a look when you can so that I can forward this also. Thanks 

@Nick thank you for trying. The new person assigned sent me yet another help article and then said he was off for several days, just like the first person. This is pathetic

@Inna22  How infuriating. As I've been closed to bookings since COVID reared its ugly head, I haven't had to contact CS  about anything for quite a while, but when I did, I started heading them off at the pass by saying in one of my first sentences, before even stating the issue, "Please do not send me links to Help articles- I am an experienced host and I can assure you that if my issue was addressed there, I would have found it."

That seemed to solve the insulting problem of them responding with useless links instead of bothering to actually read my message and answer appropriately. YMMV.