What are your listing's bathroom essentials?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What are your listing's bathroom essentials?

Jenny_0-1656940981657.jpeg

Hello everyone!

There’s no better feeling than arriving at your destination, after a long journey, and being able to get freshened up in the bathroom. 

As a Host, you’ll want your guests to feel comfortable and clean, and providing some toiletries is a great way to do that. It’s also great for people who might have forgotten to pack their shower gel or shampoo!

What are your listing’s bathroom essentials?

Do you stock up on locally made soap, provide organic products, or maybe you have a strict budget and look for the best high street bargains?

Please let us know in the comments!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

22 Replies 22

Scents people love ,seem to be frangipani , geranium , orange and sage

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jenny 

As I host long term stays, most guests buy their own toiletries. I do supply body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap (liquid and bar) and hand lotion in the bathrooms and sometimes toothpaste. As the bathrooms are shared and I give long term guests a lot of towels, I put those in the bedrooms, but there are also hand towels and bath mats in all bathrooms which need washing very regularly, so I have a big stash of those too. Cleaning products live under the kitchen sink, but I do leave squeegees and shower shine sprays in the showers. I seem to be the only one that uses those though!

In the bedrooms, I also put make up wipes and also those little bits and pieces you get in hotels, such as shower caps, mini nail files, sewing kit, shoe shine sponge etc. We can't use hairdryers in the bathroom in the UK, so there is a hairdryer in every bedroom.

I don't stick to any particular brands though. I need to buy hand soap, but most guests buy their own body wash, shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste and a lot of guests leave behind full or nearly full bottles of shampoo and conditioner in particular, so I rarely have to buy any. In fact I try to give it away if I notice a guest uses the same brand.

I use matching refillable bottles or dispensers that go with each bathroom's decor, as it looks so much nicer than random bottles of branded stuff. If I find that current guests are not using it at all, I put it away so there's less clutter in the showers.

Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

@Jenny i provide organic lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes and mini toothpaste, q tips, cotton balls, make up remover.  I like my scent, it’s not the most luxurious but I would say it’s mid market.  I would love the top of the line myself but we are in the desert, I just don’t think it would be appreciated.  It’s from bulk from Pineapple hospitality and used in midrange hotels. The scent disappears quickly which is good for active allergenic people, I wish it lingered but that is not best for everyone.  My laundry soap and softener is also scent free. 

I use Airbnb often as a guest and truly appreciate it when hosts offer the same. 

We are new to AirBnB as well as community. Reached Super Host designation in 10 wks.

We have large fluffy towels with hand towels and wash cloths to match. Body wash, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. We have small reusable containers that we sanitize and refill. Panteen for hair products, Olay body wash, Jergens lotion it is not refillable. We sanitize container and replace regularly. Bath and Body Works foam hand soap and hand sanitizer. We added a bath matt at the recommendation of one of our early quests. Hair dryer. If we know there are going to be children, we but our child safe products. We are a pet friendly space so if pets are coming, we have a washable mat and dog bowls that we set out in the bathroom. We found that it was easier to designate a spot that was simpler to clean than allowing the guest to put pet supplies just anywhere. Well lit vanity area. We also keep extra cleaning supplies and Lysol wipes under the bathroom sink, if needed.

As we are new to this, I'm sure we'll tweek things along the way. Have gotten several compliments re nice bathroom amenities. 

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

We have wall-mounted dispensers in the showers.

PXL_20220225_073308920.jpg

 and a countertop basket with other supplies:

Mt shasta soap bar (made by a local soap maker, she cuts little sample-sized soaps and labels them with the name of our house- guests love them and several have reordered through her), black makeup towel, pouffe, 4 makeup remover wipes, 1 aquaphor lip balm, 1 toothbrush set.

PXL_20220628_211818281.NIGHT.jpg

Lenore22
Level 10

PXL_20220225_055056204.jpg

Lenore22
Level 10

PXL_20210420_181605755.PORTRAIT.jpg

Robyn434
Level 2
Hideaway Bay, Australia

I am going to start using grey face washers and embroid them with “Make Up Washer” so my white washers don’t get stained with make up.