Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Hello,

Questions regarding "Lisiting not appearning in Search Results" are very common and I'd like to share some reasons why this could be happening and how you can view your listing on searching.

Before getting to the details, it is important to understand how search results are determined. The linked article talks about how Airbnb's complex ranking system uses different factors to reward hosts that deliver a great experience to guests. Focus on these factors to optimize your listing.

Let's understand why you might not be able to see your listing in the Search Results:

1) Your location might have more than 300 listings. For ease of display, Airbnb only displays 300 listings at a time and thus some listings, beyond 300, might not appear during a general location search without any filters.

However, if you make use of the multiple search filters that Airbnb has to offer (like Dates, No. of Guests, Room type, Price Range etc.) then you can perform a more specific and narrowed down search which might reduce the search results and your listing will then show up if it matches the filter criteria.

*Please note that, most guests make use of the filters while searching for a vacation home.

123.JPG

2) You can also make use of the map by zooming in closer to your location if your looking at a very large area. Use the '+' button to zoom in and '-' to zoom out. Reducing the area will further reduce the results and you will be able to see your listing. Don't forget to click on the "Redo Search Here" button on the top.

121.JPG

If your listing still continues to not appears,

3) Check if it is "Listed" and not in the "Delisted" mode. To do this, visit your Dashboard >> Your Lisitng >> Manage Listing and Calendar. Expand the Menu options by clicking on the grey icon with 3 horizontal bars on the left top. Look up at the bottom of the Menu that emerges to see if your listing is active. It should appear as "Listed" with a green dot. If it doesn't click on the drop down menu and change it to listed.

11.JPG

4) Still can't see it? Ask the Community to see if any of the members are able to see it on searching with relevant filters.

aqa.JPG

4) Yet no luck? Please get in touch with Airbnb and they shall definitely resolve your problem.

Happy Hosting 🙂

Jeet

Updated - additional information added:

For hosts searching for your Instant Book listing@Clare0 has created a great guide here in the Community Center sharing an overview of how this works. To view her guide take a look here

217 Replies 217

Hi so when you snooze .. are you blocking all dates ? And when you reactivate does it go back to your settings ? As far as the original dates I had blocked . I only have certain weekends available  Thanks 

Hi @Liz300, Yes, when you snooze your listing it makes it unavailable in search results and therefore no one can book, send inquiries or reservation requests.  When you re-list your space, it will re-appear with all your original settings including blocked dates. 

I've snoozed my listing when I go on vacation and am unsure of internet connection.  I set a start date and end date for my listing to be snoozed.  It works great. 

Hi,

did your problem resolve? I have the same issue, maybe you can spare some insights.

Thanks and best,

Dagmar

Use this list to find their local phone number and tell these idiots to sort it out. 

http://all-about-airbnb.com/post/138799279996/airbnb-support-resources-local-phone-numbers-and-email...

I've called them many times.  They "cannot promise they can help me".  When I ask if the issue can be escalated they say there is no one to escalate to.  Unbelievable.

@Patricia43 Had this problem...the only answer was a polite rant on their Facebook and someone was back to me in a half hour...it still took 2 days to fix but they did fix it.  The telephone help people seem to know nothing including how to pass you on to someone who does.

What is the exact facebook user name? I appreciate your anwer  in advance 🙂

No phone numbers in Vietnam for me to call to complain.

Airbnb has a glitch that they refuse to admit.  My property was not showing up for July, August Sep, Oct.  It got fixed for a few weeks and now I cannot find my property again.  I am a superhost as well.  This is bad business.  I cannot even get a supervisor to call me.  No one on the phone admits they can solve the problem either.  I'm at my wits end and afraid I'm not going to be able to cover my mortgage.  Putting an ad on VRBO right now and launching my own website to counter this -- not sure if it will really make an impact.  Cannot believe Airbnb is like this.

@Patricia43 I found your LA listing in search, but I had to dig deep to find it using Super Host as a filter.  I suspect that your not getting many views since you have a nightly rate of $350 (more than twice the average nightly rate for a private room) plus a $185 cleaning fee which effectively makes it $412 nightly rate.  Most people would go for an Entire Home for that amount. 

I would advise lowering your nightly rate and the cleaning fee to attract more interest and once the listing has gotten some good reviews you can raise the price.  These things will help in search results. 

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

For a company that is valued at several billions of dollars, such a shame.

How to we fix the airbnb glitch for this?

@Cheri-and-Kathy0. It isnt a glitch, it is systematic censoring of search results for their own reasons.

I searched 4 times with all the parameters and zoomed into my neighborhood and then street before I showed up. And there arent that many places in my immediate neighborhood, but several did not show up.

My factless working theory is that it gives other hosts a leg up to keep them from giving up on ABNB. I am making this up but honestly, cant think of any other reason

This is happening to us right now too. We have lost over half our revenue compared to last year (over the last 2 months) and I am furious. We have a 5 star review rating and have been hosting through Airbnb in Portland Oregon since 2010. Airbnb can't give me any personal support (like even a call or email when the issue is resolved) or a commitment of compensating us for our loss in any way even by simply elevating my search ranking so that we might make up the difference in the coming months. I am so furious and feel sad that Airbnb cares so little about it's hosts. I am not asking for special treatment... only fairness. Seems a little creative thinking could go along way toward resolving this fairly (Airbnb gets paid regardless because the number of guests remains the same - the rentals have just gone to other hosts who must be having a record year while we can barely cover our basic expenses) and yet Airbnb seems unable to think of anything at all.

@The-Arias-Clan0 I found both your listings in search: The Mercantile on page 6 for 11/25 -11/28 for 4 guests and Tierra Soul on page 1 for 11/25 -11/19 for 16 guests.  You're definitely there!