Anyone else have problems with Airbnb customer support?

Anyone else have problems with Airbnb customer support?

Hello everyone. . .

Just wondering how many people have the same problem as I do with airbnb support. A reservation was mutually canceled with me and a guest. Then, Airbnb automatically canceled my two current trips on different properties. One was about 16 days into a 30 day stay and the other was 57 days into a 61 day stay.

Well, air bnb reversed the FULL rental amount (about $2,800 on the 30 days and $5,800 on the 61 day stay). Bother guests wanted to stay, and did stay the entire time, yet Airbnb is not paying me for any of it!

I call customer service 2 or 3 times a week. Each time they say "I see this was canceled by airbnb but don't see the reason and it shouldn't have been canceled. But, we can't refund your money we will have to look into it and get back to you in 24 to 48 hours." Needless to say, NO ONE has gotten back to me with an answer. Like a broken record I hear "I see there is a problem but we will look into it and get back to you."

Ugh. . . Sucks airbnb has a class action waiver, as I'm sure there are TONS of other hosts, and guests, that get the "We'll look into it and get back to you" and then don't ever get back to you. HELP!!!!

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Will3026 ,

Sorry that you are facing such a confusing situation. I have nudged the concerned team for your matter. I hope you receive some communication soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Cindy1139
Level 2
Lehigh Acres, FL

Yes, I have had so so many issues. Mainly the person that 'helps' you gets all the info and adds the notes, and then leaves for the day. THAT person must be the one that continues to follow up on your case, while receiving phone calls. Its awful. At times they then pass your case onto someone else. Or if YOU call in again because no one has gotten back to you, that starts a new ticket with another person taking over. Yet they still must find the 'old' person helping you and get them to make changes. It is a nightmare and Airbnb definitely needs to do better with this. How can they?

A) by having someone finish your question/problem WITHIN THE DAY or being able to pass it on to someone who CAN finish it within the day, without their help.

B) Airbnb needs to be able to issue refunds and take money back if needed, after deposits. Instead what happens, is your next guest pays and you get less, if the last guest needs a refund. It comes out of your pocket in the weirdest way. 

Just my experience here.... Cindy