Covid19 in Australia - Govt financial support - Short term rental providers

Peter675
Level 1
Baulkham Hills, Australia

Covid19 in Australia - Govt financial support - Short term rental providers

We have suffered cancellations like many others and both state and federal govts have offered financial support to small businesses. Trying to make sense of the different programs is a night mare. For instance NSW is offering 3 programs: Micro business grant, Tourism and Hospitality grant and the Covid small business grant. Each has different $ amounts and requirements/thresholds for eligibility. The federal govt has a Covid19 Disaster payment. And to make it easy for business owners, the info is scattered through the web with poor links between them that has you pulling your hair out in frustration. You're lucky if you get hold of a human being on the phone. We are retired and have 2 listings on Airbnb. Info from Airbnb support is limited to 2020. 

Financial statements from Airbnb

In order to make a claim from the govt we will probably need to demonstrate/verify the amount lost through booking cancellations. We need this from Airbnb. Currently the financial info from Airbnb is limited to payments made on successful bookings. We need a page listing all cancelled bookings and dollars returned to guests. At the moment we have to go through the message page, find all cancellations, open each message thread, and scroll down 3rd column to read the financials.

Any one here with the same issues?

Peter & Som

4 Replies 4
Peter675
Level 1
Baulkham Hills, Australia

good news - we got some financial support

Which program did you get financial support? I tried NSW Micro Business but was rejected because I don’t have an ABN. I tried Covid disaster payment and the person said I’m not eligible because my income was investment income. What?? That is ridiculous. Under what definition is Airbnb income, generated through renting my primary residence (when I pet and house sit) investment income? I have submitted a request for review through my member of parliament as the Covid disaster payment legislation does not allow for a Centrelink review.

Erica1219
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

@Peter675 

Hi Peter, 

I have been trying to apply for this grant as well since start of lockdown. We need a cancellation report in the form PDF, DOCX, DOC, JPEG, JPG or PNG with business name or ABN on the Cancellation report. 

However, AirBnb only has Transaction History in Excel form. I've asked AirBnb 3-4 times about this, but it hasn't been resolved.
How did you manage to do it?

Thanks

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Erica1219 You can easily PDF the output from excel. It may be that your governments system only accepts a few file types.