Critique my listing - Stella in Los Angeles, CA USA

Answered!
Stella465
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Critique my listing - Stella in Los Angeles, CA USA

Hi everyone,

I just listed my first airbnb listing yesterday and super curious to hear your thoughts about my listing. https://airbnb.com/h/midcenturymodernloft

How did you all get started on attracting guests? I am only offering 30-night minimum stay due to several reasons. How did you convince prospective guests to book without the 1st review?

Besides price, is there anything else I can do to attract higher quality guests?

Thanks!Living RoomLiving RoomLiving RoomLiving RoomLiving RoomLiving RoomBar/Dining AreaBar/Dining AreaKitchenKitchenBathroomBathroomBedroom workspaceBedroom workspaceBedroom bedBedroom bed

1 Best Answer
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Stella465 At quick glance a few things pop out. It’s a beautiful space obviously, but you represent it more as a gallery of unique furnishings and decor, than an accommodation. It’s listed as a private room in rental unit, with shared kitchen but nowhere do you explain who guests are sharing the space with. 

Also “You can use the living room as a creative and shoot/studio space when my clients aren't using it.” Um, w
hat? You mean perfect strangers may be randomly accessing the space while guests are installed? That’s potentially problematic, and needs very explicit explanation, and do be sure guests are aware of what the arrangement is before they book. 

Re your check in window and check out time, are you blocking days between bookings?

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Stella465 At quick glance a few things pop out. It’s a beautiful space obviously, but you represent it more as a gallery of unique furnishings and decor, than an accommodation. It’s listed as a private room in rental unit, with shared kitchen but nowhere do you explain who guests are sharing the space with. 

Also “You can use the living room as a creative and shoot/studio space when my clients aren't using it.” Um, w
hat? You mean perfect strangers may be randomly accessing the space while guests are installed? That’s potentially problematic, and needs very explicit explanation, and do be sure guests are aware of what the arrangement is before they book. 

Re your check in window and check out time, are you blocking days between bookings?

Great critique thank you so much! I wasn't even aware that my presentation of it could be problematic. Tweaking my description now.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Stella465  Such a light and original space!  You mention price and attracting good guests, but $100 a night for 3 people seems low for Los Angeles, and you might attract less-than-stellar guests with it.  Twenty-somethings with the best will in the world don't always know how to treat a space like yours.  Your price should show that you value your space, and so will your guests, but if your price shows you under-value it - so will your guests.

Thanks for that! Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I set this pricing more meant for an individual traveler, which I do prefer but my space can accommodate a maximum of 3. I will figure out the extra guest fee and definitely charge more for 2 or 3 people.