Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Help! How can increase my bookings?

Juned5
Level 2
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Help! How can increase my bookings?

Hi I'm Juned,

i want to know how can i increase my booking in my listing ?

5 Replies 5

Hi Juned,

If you’re new to Airbnb, appointing a co-host can be a game changer for managing your bookings. A co-host can help streamline communication, handle guest inquiries, and ensure that your property is well-maintained. This support allows you to focus on creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests while ensuring that everything runs smoothly. It’s a great way to enhance your hosting experience and maximize your property’s potential!

Best,
LARAIB RASOOL

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Juned5 

Your biggest issue is the star rating below 4.8.  That affects your placement in Airbnb Search Algorithm.

You had an angry guest that marked low.  Focus on the happy guests but gave you a 4 overall or o specific areas.  

Small dings on cleanliness or the fact that  you show 2 kitchen folders but Guests are talking about meal deliveries is probably dings on accuracy.  They mention it usually because it was unexpected.  Not unfixable but something on their mind because surprised.

Edit your descriptions to present clearly if kitchen access is  available or not.  Speak to how to gather groceries or how  to order food.  You may feel explained but Guests are saying not clear.  It matters if they understand.

Using Instabook will push you higher in the Airbnb Search.  I turn off and on as I need.  I usually set my notice for 2 or 3 days I avoid same day instabook.  Then I suggest instead of significant price increases per person I would identify my average size of a group maybe 4 and price for that with increase after my usual.  From a Guest's viewpoint they can't relate to it costs $30 more for my husband to share ny bed just looks like greedy.  The are not familiar with a Host's expenses.

Check out the pricing market in your area.  You are going to have to be on sale until your ratings go up.  To encourage guests to chance it.  It will be probably short stays so you are going to have to vet because the scammers know your trying to get your level up.

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Juned5 😊,

Did you have a chance to check the comments? I’m glad to see you received great suggestions from other Hosts! 😍

Are there any specific changes you’re considering based on the feedback?

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

You can also try and use Custom Promotions to get more visibility on your listing  👉How to create a custom promotion.

Let me know if this helps!

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Elise584
Level 1
Lewisville, NC

Hi @Juned5 ! 

Biggest thing I would suggest is updating your photos and your profile picture. People want to see WHO they're booking with! Also be sure and use keywords that Airbnb will push. You can ask AI to give you top SEO keywords to boost your listing in Airbnb. 

You've got this!

Hi @Juned5,

To increase your bookings, try focusing on these key techniques:

• SEO Optimization: Ensure your listing is optimized with relevant keywords that guests are likely to search for. This will improve your visibility in Airbnb’s search results.

• Highlight Local Attractions & Events: Mention nearby points of interest and any seasonal events to attract guests looking for experiences tied to your location.

• Regular Calendar Updates: Keep your calendar updated to boost your listing’s ranking. Airbnb often favors listings that are regularly maintained.

• Dynamic Pricing: Adjust your rates based on demand, events, and local factors to stay competitive and maximize occupancy.

• Last-Minute Booking Flexibility: Offering discounts and enabling instant booking for last-minute stays can help capture spontaneous guests.

Focusing on these techniques should help improve your listing’s performance and booking rate. Best of luck!