Airbnb unilaterally suspended both of my listings without giving a reason

Bernard39
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Airbnb unilaterally suspended both of my listings without giving a reason

I am shocked to find that both of my listings were suspended by Airbnb, and they didn't even bother to notify me. I found this out by chance. I have absolutely no idea what triggered this extreme action, without any warning. I checked my reviews--all rave reviews 4.9+, and I checked in with my current guests--all happy. I never violated any regulations that I am aware of. And when I reached out to Airbnb's Help Center to find out why they did this, I received no answer, no help, just silence. This is totally incredible and shocking to me. What is happening at Airbnb? I am one of the greatest fans, users, and ambassadors, not to mention a stock-owner of Airbnb, and now this. Incredibly upsetting...

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bernard39 

Apparently Airbnb's goals have changed to: How to scare (super)hosts away and ruin good relationships forever.

Bernard39
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

So, it turns out, Airbnb apparently suspended my two listings because they got wind that I have Covid. But I am down with Covid in Cyprus, which they also know because I had to ask for a full refund for a reservation in Cyprus based on extenuating circumstances after being placed in quarantine here. What that means is that I need to prove to the Cypriot Health Ministry that I am non-contagious by negative test before they release me from the quarantine.  In other words, there is no way for me to pose a risk to my guests in the USA, even if I returned there immediately from Cyprus (which I don't). That Airbnb suspends my two listings IN THE USA after learning that I am in Covid quarantine IN CYPRUS just seems so bizarre and over-the-top. Moreover, they took this drastic step WITHOUT INFORMING ME OR CONTACTING ME. I found out about the suspension by chance after going on my listing to make a change to the calendar. It all just looks so unprofessional and haphazard, almost like a joke. How can Airbnb be so unsophisticated?