Cleaning Fee

Answered!
Shona-And-Keith0
Level 2
Coolbellup, Australia

Cleaning Fee

We are new to hosting and put up a cleaning fee for our 2 bedroom granny flat. My husband just came home and said that he was told the cleaning fee shows up on the page as a nightly fee added to the rental fee and so makes the listing look really expensive

- how do we set the cleaning fee separate from the per night cost ?? and what are others charging for a 2 bedroom seperate dwelling with kitchen and bathroom and lounge/ dining rm? We live in a suburb of Perth West Oz

Thanks Shona

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shona-And-Keith0,

I do notice that you do not have a cleaning fee on your listing.  To put a cleaning fee on your listing, go to your listing and click on the "Pricing" tab on the far left.  Then scroll down and enter your cleaning fee in the appropriate box in the "Additional Pricing Options" section.

cleaning fee.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shona-And-Keith0,

I do notice that you do not have a cleaning fee on your listing.  To put a cleaning fee on your listing, go to your listing and click on the "Pricing" tab on the far left.  Then scroll down and enter your cleaning fee in the appropriate box in the "Additional Pricing Options" section.

cleaning fee.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I would like to know if cleaning fee is charged once per guest or charged daily for daily guest/once for weekly guest or charged when guest asks for cleaning only. Thanks a lot in advance. Wendy

Once per booking

One time each reservation.

Hi Shona and Keith, if you ever want input from perth hosts I also recommend putting #perth somewhere in a post. Hopefully we can all start helping each other out by searching for that # every now and then.

Cheers,

Tanya

Steve20
Level 2
Sebastopol, CA

This problem is happening to us too, but it is not happening to every listing we have checked.  It's unfair our nightly price listed on the listings page looks higher than it really is.

Have you heard from other hosts or anyone at Airbnb about this?  It appears to be a website glitch since it is not happening to all listings.

Steve

Hi Steve of @Steve20,

I would like to clarify that IF you have a cleaning fee setup in your pricing section, it is averaged into the price for the number of nights booked.  I challenge you to show me listings where it does not average the cleaning fee into the "nightly price listed" (with the dates entered in the search).  This is how Airbnb works and it is not a "website glitch".  

Many people do not charge a cleaning fee or just add it to the nightly price.  I do understand your concern as people who want to book for one night get a much higher nightly price than someone who books for 5 nights.  I am curious how you would like to have this setup.  Either way, if you have a cleaning fee, the guest WILL be paying the same price at the end of the day.

Am I wrong?  Please let me know!

Dave

David

It is a website glitch . I can see now clearly cleaning charges separate from nightly rates but at the beggining I had a couple of reservation missing the cleaning fee . 

I started having an issue with the cleaning fee as well. I have mine set-up as $20 per booking. However, for the last 2 reservations, the cleaning fee was $19, which is not the amount I have entered/showing, under Manage your listing tab. 

Then today, I received an enquiry from someone and the cleaning fee, doesn't show up at all. Does anyone know who I should contact from AirBnB to have this resolved?

I'm wondering this myself.

This happened to me as well. I would like that fixed.

I gave a guest a discount of 10% off the nightly rate, but now I'm losing almost twice that.

Veronica29
Level 1
Dingle, Ireland

does the cleaning fee only apply for renting for a week,? or so room per night does this apply ? thanks

Judith29
Level 1
Niagara Falls, Canada

This glitch has still not been addressed by AirBnB and its coming up as a problem on my bookings also. Its random - sometimes it is properly included in the pricing summary, sometimes it does not show up at all. Anyone able to break through to AirBnB to find an answer / work around / correction?