Do you offer a parking spot for your guests?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Do you offer a parking spot for your guests?

Bhumika_0-1695055439976.png

Hi everyone,

Knowing what guests need is a key part of hosting. It helps us figure out what extras and services can make their stay better.

Some guests travel by car, either because they're taking a road trip or because it's the easiest way for them to reach their destination. On these occasions, offering a parking spot can greatly enhance their experience. So, do you offer a parking spot for your guests? If yes, do you charge an extra fee? or how do you manage this service?

Share your thoughts in the comments!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

140 Replies 140
Frances4287
Level 2
Lake Charles, LA

I have a driveway large enough to accommodate two cars

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Bhumika this looks like a popular question.

Yes we offer parking in driveway for guest in front of main residence. We have had 1 complaint that it wasn't in front of cottage.

Yes we have free off street parking and the residential area is quiet the guests can park in front of main residence for 2nd car.

We have just added an outside power point for EV car charging.

Kyla117
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Bhumika  Even thought we are in London we are fortunate to have free on street parking and the residential area is quiet so that the guests can park in front of main residence for our Zone 5 property. Central London properties rarely have parking but I ensure that I sent thorough the paid parking alternatives in our guest messages.

Karen3799
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Hello!

Guests have access to plenty of free parking on the property.

Karen

Paul9794
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

A free parking spot is available for my guests and an EV charger is also available.

Paul

Hi @Paul9794 

Which EV charger would you suggest to be universal? I’ve been looking at them recently but have no experience… do you have a suggestion? Thank you!

Paul9794
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

Good morning @Jeri121 

I definitely went with a universal charger. The charger (zappi) that I went with was really dictated to me by the registered installer- we get a grant of €500 from the government here in Ireland to encourage installations. This is a basic model, there are a myriad of devices - ones that you can connect to via your device and calculates thee costs etc but they are much more expensive, mine is basic and I can calculate the costs myself  as I had a meter installed as well. 

Paul

Robert7127
Level 2
Woodbridge, United Kingdom

We have free parking on our driveway

Chris19741
Level 1
Hattiesburg, MS

We’re unique in our market for including reserved garage parking with keyless access & exclusive use of a fenced yard and large master suite with private entry, so our listing price is higher than comparable “room in a home” properties. 

Fayaz3
Level 2
Doha, Qatar

We do provide a reserved car park at no additional cost. 

June331
Level 1
Bellvue, CO

Yes, I have a parking space for guests .  It is free and in front of the cabin.

Nanda1324
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

Yes, we have free parking in carport front of our house

Kristy239
Level 2
Portland, OR

We have free street parking right in front of the house. Technically someone could take that space but it is a quiet residential neighborhood so no one else does. 

Offering a parking spot can be a valuable amenity for your guests and should be free.

John7298
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

We do have off street parking for 1 car in front of the guest house.