Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

TV Airbnb.jpeg

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Across the community, we see Hosts with a variety of listings, each offering a unique style and experience for their guests. This variety often influences the amenities provided.

A TV can be essential depending on the space you offer and the type of guests you host. Another important factor is whether you provide short or long stays. Do you offer a TV in the lounge? If not, do you provide one in another area of the house, or do you prefer not to have a TV at all? ๐Ÿ“บ

Share your experiences in the comments and let us know why you decided to offer or not offer a TV in your accommodation.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

48 Replies 48
Teri52
Level 2
Henderson, NV

every bedroom and living room has a nice size tv

Carl9398
Level 2
St. Andrew Parish, Jamaica

Yes a TV is provided in the lounge area

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great @Carl9398 thanks so much for sharing that. Do you know if your guests usually use it?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Well it depends on what you are looking from. My friends from Slovakia working for Archideal Home visited a hotel there and it had a 55" LED. They had a really great experience.

**[Link removed as per the Community Center Guidelines]

Angie29
Level 10
Morro Bay, CA

Absolutely, positively TV!!  We don't have CABLE TV anymore but we provide smart TV in the family room, AND in each bedroom.  As a guest I make sure there is a TV in the house and we'll take the bedroom that has a TV.  It's best to have it than not for those who want it, and those who don't like it they don't have to touch the remote, right?  Just because some people don't drink coffee it doesn't mean we won't provide a coffee maker ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜†        

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Angie29, thank you so much for sharing your perspective.

When you mention that you don't have cable, does this mean that guests can still use their streaming services?

Regards,

-----

Natalie1248
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Yes

si

Andrea6925
Level 2
CABA, Argentina

yo tengo un televisor en la sala. Hay personas que no les gusta tener aparatos electricos en el dormitorio y considero que la sala es un lugar de esparcimiento.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Andrea6925

Mil gracias por compartir tu experiencia. Estoy de acuerdo contigo; tambiรฉn he escuchado que algunos huรฉspedes prefieren no tener muchos electrodomรฉsticos en los cuartos.

ยฟSabes si tus huรฉspedes usan con frecuencia la TV?

Un saludo.

---

Hello andrea,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I agree with you; I've also heard that some guests prefer not to have many appliances in the rooms.

Do you know if your guests frequently use the TV?

Best regards.

-----

Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

It's good to read that most host have TV in their listing, but I  don't, the TV that i have is mainly to watch YouTube videos, and I do not add it to my listing.  No guest has never complained about it nor has it affected my rating.  In fact most will be happy to  their  mobile phones or laptops anyway .

Happy hosting 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Abi010Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's great to hear they are happy with what you are offering ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Fingers crossed, so far so good.

Thanks

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

We don't provide a TV, as we find it to be unnecessary. 

Wifi is very fast here though, at 300Mbit, so if guests need entertainment they can stream YouTube (on their smartphone/laptop) etc. which should be enough to keep them busy. 

Mirko232
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I'm not sure how much and what I'm getting by investing in a TV . For my layout, I would need a TV of at least 65", and a quality TV, which will not break after 2 years of use (planned obsolescence), costs at least โ‚ฌ850-1200. I published a listing recently and so far I have a booking rate of 3.4% (the average is between 0.3% and 3%) which is not bad. So, even without TV, I get reservations and inquiries. Would getting a TV allow me to raise the price by some significant percentage (and by that I don't mean something like 5%)? Would getting a TV increase the booking rate? How would a TV be something that would make me stand out in a sea of other accommodations that have TV? What is the quality of the clientele looking for TV compared to those who don't care about TV?

I don't see how investing in a TV will pay off.