Does your home change with the seasons?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Does your home change with the seasons?

cf099523-0ac3-4050-b552-403840a2a615 (2).jpg

Hello everyone, 

We are currently in the middle of Autumn (Fall) here in the UK, which signals a shorter nights, warming food and beautiful crisp days. As winter is approaching, it is getting colder, and homes need to accommodate to this change in weather. 

Some hosts might change the type of duvet they use, check the heating is full working order and even alter some details in their listings to accommodate the seasonal change. Your travel suggestions may also change as different tourist attractions might be popular during certain times of the year.  

Do you make alterations in your home according to seasonal changes in your area? What are some things that you change or double check are working as expected? 

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

36 Replies 36
Nigel-And-Penny0
Level 2
Bewdley, United Kingdom

In winter we use triple lined hot red curtains over the argon filled double glazing for a cosy ambience.  The warm orange terracotta floors are heated by underfloor central heating to provide a comfortable background warmth (30 centigrade max), supplemented by a roaring,  high efficiency log fire. (Logs grown on the premises). In summer the landscaped suntrap private garden is surrounded by 2 ha of wild flower meadows and ancient orchards, at the heart of 35 square miles of forest to explore.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Wow @Nigel-And-Penny0 I hope you work in advertising, that description was fab!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I agree with you @Mike-And-Helen0, your description here @Nigel-And-Penny0 makes me want to find out more about your listing. It sounds wonderful. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you Lizzie, for your kind comment on the 30th December.  We would be delighted to hear from you anytime.

Yours,

Nigel and Penny

Manor Holding Cottages

Shropshire.

Dear Mike and Helen,

Thank you very much for your kind comment. I like to let people know what is available to them here, and tend to get enthused when I think about the cottage, as do our guests!  Their rapturous entries in our guest comments book often fill the page!

Hope you have a successful 2020.

Yours,

Nigel at Manor Holding

Wyre Forest Cottage

Henry376
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

Vacationing guests came largely in July through October because of the foliage of the Berkshires in MA,

Henry [Surname hidden]

Roger-and-Deborah0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Yep, I change the duvet cover to reflect the change in temp.  We have heat pumps in our rooms but we do struggle with guests not really understanding that you don't need to crank it up to 30'C and you really do still need some air coming into the room before you suffocate.  People who live in apartment buildings also tend to leave the windows shut tight resulting in lashings of condensation on windows and sills.  Sometimes I despair and sneak in if I can to just crack the window a bit.  We are a temperate climate only,  not the arctic!  Some people just don't get it.