EV Charger Options

Answered!

EV Charger Options

We have two NEMA 14-50 outlets that can be used for EV charging if the guest provides their own EV charger. The options a host can select from do not offer this type which can be confusing to guests. I would like to see "EV Outlet" with plug types added to the list. 

1.) Does anyone else see a need for an expansion of the types? 

2.) How does one submit such a request for consideration? 

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Cheryl252 👋

You could always share your feedback with Airbnb. They can’t respond individually, but they’ll pass it on to the teams who are working to help make Airbnb better for everyone. 

Also, @David3095 and @Thom4 were having a great conversation about electric vehicle charging fees and might be able to pop by and offer their insights. 

Hope this helps, 
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Cheryl252 How many EV drivers carry their own charger? Is there really a market here?

It’s very common. It’s the charging cable to connect to an outlet. In the early days they were included in a Tesla purchase, but are now an accessory add-on purchase. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Cheryl252 👋

You could always share your feedback with Airbnb. They can’t respond individually, but they’ll pass it on to the teams who are working to help make Airbnb better for everyone. 

Also, @David3095 and @Thom4 were having a great conversation about electric vehicle charging fees and might be able to pop by and offer their insights. 

Hope this helps, 
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks, I'll submit this to Airbnb. I didn't know how to reach them, so thank you.