Guest adding a baby and two week visitor to apartment

Jeanne1
Level 2
Denver, CO

Guest adding a baby and two week visitor to apartment

Guests rented a two person maximum unit for one month.  At arrival the guest informed me that she is due to have a baby in three days, and she wants her mother to stay with them for two weeks.  The guest’s  lease is for two people with a $10 per night charge for overnight guests with approval.  Can I charge for the baby as a third person?

9 Replies 9
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

You could but I think it would be mean to do so. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jeanne1 No you can't charge for the baby as infants under 2 years old go free on Airbnb.

Elena4354
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Jeanne1, according to the rules, infants and children under 2 years old are not counted in the total number of guests and stay free of charge.

Kind regards.

Elena. 

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

I wouldn’t charge the for the baby. The infant will probably be in their Mothers arms or sleeping in their bassinet. 

Maggie633
Level 3
Laguna Beach, CA

It’s my humble opinion that  charging $10 daily for the baby Is absurd.  
I don’t believe that the earnings of $10 a day is worth the reflection of your hospitality. I realize we’re all in hit this for a profit, but that’s a little over-the-top. Now  the charge for the  mother  would be a different story. 
Hope this helps!

Maggie 😊

I would send a gift 🎁 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If the mother makes three adults then tell them it isn't possible as apartment sleeps two adults (if that is your maximum)  and say they need to find somewhere else for the mother to stay @Jeanne1 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jeanne1, thank you for bringing this topic to our community.

Have you had the chance to read our Hosts' suggestions? Here is an article that can provide further insights: Traveling with Children

I hope this helps 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Jeanne1. Baby no charge (cant on Airbnb); mother offer her another one of your listings if nearby, but that probably defeats the purpose of them being together.

One month is too long for the mother to sleep on the floor or your couch so if you dont have anything suitable for 3 adults plus a baby, say so now.