Guest broke into locked personal storage - air bnb did nothing

Helen2
Level 2
California, United States

Guest broke into locked personal storage - air bnb did nothing

I had a first time airbnb renter who broke into locked storage and used 3 times the amount of linens provided.

We filed a claim for additional cleaning since our crew had to do 3 times the amount of laundry. I filed 4 claims, air bnb gave me the run around for a month and they ultimately said "they can do nothing"

Airbnb should offer their hosts protection. We've been super hosts for years and one guest who is vindictive and unaware of what renting a personal home is can ruin your rating, damage property, with no action fro. Air bnb.

This guest was very angry we had a city wide power outage and wanted a full refund. I advised them that air bnb actually covers that protection and that they should contact them for refunds. It is not the responsibility of the private home owner to cover acts of nature. That owners is on Airbnb making millions per year on hosts.

Extremely dissappointed in Airbnb after 3 years of superhost status and hundreds of 5 star reviews. They not only wasted my time, but they also encourage this behavior in their guests. 

0 Replies 0