Help me upgrade.

Mohit71
Level 1
Gurugram, India

Help me upgrade.

Help me upgrade with your valuable tips. 

Room in Gurugram, India 1 king bedPrivate attached bathroom Rated 5.0 out of 5 stars. 5.0 · 

Bhumika_0-1727456237067.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

8 Replies 8
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Mohit71 

Your description requires more than 1 line.  If I am sharing the apartment with you or other guests?  What size apartment am I sharing 2 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms?

Do you require vegetarian diet?  It appears you do but make more prominent because that can be an issue if not noticed.  Also I would make your alcohol rules more prominent.  Some people just cook with types of alcohol they just might think differently.

I notice no coffee maker if you have beliefs about caffeine usage just make aware so respected.

Beautiful space.  I just suggest from experience, if a shared house that you don't share.  Set house rules.  Makes your life easier and gives potential guests a level of order.

Common sense isn't common.  Set a quiet time but specifically add non use of shared areas at certain times so no one try's to quietly cook at 2 am. lol

No visitors or overnight guests without approval.  This protects you from liabilities and Guests feel more secure.

No sleeping in the shared Livingroom and fix your photos so it doesn't show as a sleeping area.

Speak to the check in experience.  Is someone there?  If not tell me the easy and safe process to identify my room,  how to share the refrigerator, will I have cabinet space for food and if you supply the basics oil, salt and pepper

@Mohit71 a nice accomodation. I should make it a bit more home with paintings or pictures on the wall. Not small , but large to make a statement. No show a photo on you website with the toilet lit open. Close it and remove  your cleaningstuff on the same photo. 

@Elisabeth1209 

Hello Elizabeth, following your feedback, I have ordered paintings for the place. Big Thanks!

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mohit71 😊

Did you have a chance to check the comments?

I’m glad to see you received great suggestions about your listing from our Hosts! 😍

Are there any specific changes you’re considering based on the feedback? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi Elisa, I just logged in to the community and reading through the suggestions. I feel so grateful for such valuable feedbacks, Thanks!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mohit71 ,

I'm thrilled to hear that the suggestions from fellow hosts were helpful!

If you found one response particularly useful, feel free to mark it as the Top Answer ☑️. It helps other hosts with similar questions find the best answers easily and shows appreciation for those who contributed 😊You can do this by clicking the button below the comment as shown in the following image:Top Answer.pngAnd just a quick reminder: you can tag someone by typing "@" followed by their username, which will notify them of your message 🙂. I've updated your existing comments to include a tag.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Oksana127
Level 6
Riga, Latvia

@Mohit71 Hey there! Thanks for sharing your listing. I’ve taken a look at your apartment, and it has great potential. Here are some tips to help you elevate the design and overall guest experience to attract more bookings:

Create a Cohesive Style

• Define a clear theme: Your apartment has a modern feel, but I’d suggest creating a more cohesive style throughout the space. Whether it’s minimalist, Scandinavian, or industrial, picking a clear design direction will make it feel more curated and upscale.
  • Consistent color palette: Stick to 2-3 main colors throughout the apartment. For instance, neutral tones with pops of color (like green, mustard, or soft blue) can create a calming and inviting atmosphere.

Improve Lighting

• Natural light: If possible, let in more natural light. Use light, sheer curtains to brighten the space without compromising privacy. This makes rooms feel bigger and more welcoming.
  • Ambient lighting: Add some cozy lighting elements, like bedside lamps or wall-mounted lights. Warm lighting adds a relaxing vibe, especially in the bedroom and living room.
  • Layered lighting: A mix of task (overhead or standing lights) and accent lighting (table lamps, sconces) will create depth and make the apartment feel more luxurious.

Upgrade Furniture and Decor

• Upgrade bedding: Invest in high-quality, neutral-colored bed linens, fluffy pillows, and a stylish throw blanket. It can make a huge difference in photos and also creates a better experience for guests.
  • Functional furniture: Ensure the furniture is both stylish and practical. A compact coffee table or wall-mounted shelves can save space while adding a design touch.
  • Statement decor: A few key pieces of art or decorative objects, like a large piece of framed artwork above the bed or a modern mirror, will give the space more personality. Mirrors, in particular, can make the room feel more spacious and bright.

Enhance the Kitchen Area

• Stylish kitchenware: Replace basic plates and glasses with more aesthetically pleasing options (neutral tones, sleek designs). Guests love to take photos and share them, and an Instagrammable kitchen can be a big plus.
  • Open shelving or decor: If possible, add some stylish shelves to showcase functional but beautiful kitchenware or plants to give the kitchen a cozy, homey feel.

Add Greenery

• Indoor plants can instantly make a space feel more vibrant and welcoming. Consider adding low-maintenance plants like succulents or snake plants to various rooms (living area, kitchen, and bedroom).

Bathroom Upgrades

• Luxurious touches: Even small details like soft, fluffy towels, a high-end soap dispenser, and a fresh shower curtain can make the bathroom feel more upscale.
  • Spa-like experience: Adding simple spa-like touches, such as a set of rolled towels, bath salts, or essential oil diffusers, can elevate the guest experience and increase your reviews.

Personal Touches

• Local artwork or items: Incorporating local design elements or artwork can make your place feel more unique and memorable. It’s also a great conversation starter for guests and makes them feel like they’re getting a more authentic experience.

Professional Photos

• After making these design improvements, hire a professional photographer to capture the best angles and lighting. Great photos make a massive difference in how appealing your listing is to potential guests.

Hope these tips help! With a few upgrades, your apartment can really stand out and attract more guests. Best of luck with your hosting journey!

@Oksana127 

Hi Oksana, I am so grateful for such detailed valuable feedback. I will gradually follow on each and every point, Big Thanks!