How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

683618120857757363-20 (3).jpg

Hello everyone 😊

Today, I would love to hear how you handle your bed linens and sheets!

This is an important part of creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.

• Some Hosts choose to manage laundry themselves, making sure to wash linens right after each guest checks out and keeping extra sets handy for quick turnaround. 
  • Others prefer to take a step back and use a professional laundry service to make things easier, especially if they have a lot of guests or properties.

What’s your approach? Do you prefer to handle it yourself, or do you like the convenience of outsourcing laundry? 🧺

I would love to hear why you prefer your chosen approach and look forward to reading about your experiences in the comments!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
33 Replies 33

@Elisa 

Hi again Elisa,

My caretaker is very reliable, she was also trained before hand.

Communication is via Messenger (75% Chat, 25% Video Call)

That's it.

Diana

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

We live downstairs and our rental space is the full second floor (with private outside entrance). Being on the premises makes our Hosting sooo much easier !

We do our own cleaning and that includes laundry. If we have a short window between bookings, we change out bedding and use a back up set then do laundry when it's convenient. We have an extra set of bedding for each bedroom (we have three). If we run up against a tight schedule or have extra loads to take care of, we use a local laundromat to get caught up. Of course, I should mention that Hubby and I are both retired so we can visit the laundromat when it's not busy in the morning 🙂 And we take a book to read or just enjoy a nice chat away from house chores while we wait for our laundry to dry.

Another reason to have an extra set (or two ) of bedding: just in case of a stubborn stain or a rip or something that would cause you to panic.. We have retired sheets recently (they were no longer crisp and nice) and cut them into lovely rags for cleaning or painting projects.

We really prefer 100% cotton sheets with a pattern to add to our decor themes. Our favorites have two lines of elastic on the fitted sheets making them easy to put on. Have purchased from Target, Amazon and even Home Depot so do keep an open mind when shopping !

Hi @Cheri354 😊,

Thanks for sharing your routine!

Extra bedding sets sounds like a lifesaver, especially with tight turnovers. I love how you’ve turned old sheets into something useful!😍

Have you ever had guests who were unhappy with the cleanliness of your sheets?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

No @Elisa , we've had no complaints about our bedding 🙂